CVP/ Director, Business Development(54838)
- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- New York Life Insurance Company
- 22 août 17
CVP/ Director, Business Development(54838)
New York Life Insurance Company ("New York Life" or "the company") is the largest mutual life insurance company in the United States*. Founded in 1845, New York Life is headquartered in New York City, maintains offices in all fifty states, and owns Seguros Monterrey New York Life in Mexico.
New York Life is one of the most financially strong and highly capitalized insurers in the business. The company reported 2016 operating earnings of $1.954 billion. Total assets under management at year end 2016, with affiliates, totaled $538 billion. As of year-end 2016, New York Life's surplus was $23.336 billion**. New York Life holds the highest possible financial strength ratings currently awarded to any life insurer from all four of the major ratings agencies: A.M. Best, A++; Fitch AAA; Moody's Aaa; Standard & Poor's AA+. (Source: Individual Third Party Ratings Report as of 8/17/16).
Financial strength, integrity and humanity-the values upon which New York Life was founded-have guided the company's decisions and actions for over 170 years.
CVP / Director - Business Development
The individual in this role will help define and achieve the long-term strategic goals of the Retail Annuities business by identifying, building cases for, and implementing new internal and external growth opportunities. This role will support the head of business development and senior management with strategic and analytical projects and presentations supporting long-term initiatives.
- Support the head of business development and senior management of the Retail Annuities business with strategic and analytical projects and presentations supporting long-term initiatives
- Influence and support strategic decision making through research, modeling, analysis, and effective presentations of key factors influencing and driving the Retail Annuities business
- Identify and analyze both external and internal business opportunities that transcend existing businesses
- Develop business cases and influence the implementation of new opportunities outside of the team's direct control
- Engage in ad-hoc projects identified by the group or senior management
- At least 5-7 years of experience in roles requiring in-depth financial analysis, synthesis and presentations to senior management
- Desired backgrounds include business development, strategy, data analytics, or management consulting
- Very strong analytical, communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments and multi-task; must be very organized and have excellent follow-up and problem solving skills
- Experience coordinating and helping to lead projects across cross-functional teams
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Powerpoint skills required
- Experience in financial services preferred, annuity and/or retirement industry knowledge a plus
- Bachelors degree required, MBA preferredSF:LI-LB1
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.
* Based on revenue as reported by "Fortune 500, ranked within Industries, Insurance: Life, Health (Mutual)," Fortune Magazine, June 17, 2016. See http://fortune.com/fortune500/ for methodology.
** Total surplus, which includes the Asset Valuation Reserve, is one of the key indicators of the company's long-term financial strength and stability and is presented on a consolidated basis of the company.
1. Operating earnings is the key measure use by management to track Company's profitability from ongoing operations and underlying profitability of the business. This indicator is based on generally accepted accounting principles in the US (GAAP), with certain adjustments Company believes to be appropriate as a measurement approach (non GAAP), primarily the removal of gains or losses on investments and related adjustments.
2. Assets under management represent Consolidated Domestic and International insurance Company Statutory assets (cash and invested assets and separate account assets) and third party assets principally managed by New York Life Investment management Holdings LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of New York Life Insurance Company.