- New York, NY, États-Unis
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 23 août 17
VP - Senior Data Architect (Enterprise Architect)
Lieu de travail : New York, NY, États-UnisMoody's is continuously engineering its core platforms to drive revenue growth, efficiency, risk management, and expansion of our client base via new solutions. The development and ongoing support of key ratings and enterprise solutions ensure the company's premier standing among credit rating agencies and enable its evolution alongside regulatory and business demands. We are continuously seeking talented individuals to drive this effort and can offer exciting career opportunities across the entire engineering lifecycle: strategy & architecture, software and platform engineering, program and project management, cybersecurity, risk management, infrastructure and technology operations, as well as vendor and service management; all of which are underpinned by cutting edge high performance data and analytics technologies. If you're interested in making a difference to the world's financial markets and keen to invent technology in a business-driven, customer-centric environment, then this job is for you.
The VP - Senior Data Architect role will be a part of the Moody's Enterprise Architecture team and will have three types of responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to solution development teams in accordance with published best practices and standards
- Participate in design sessions to understand business needs and functional / non-functional requirements, and apply appropriate patterns and practices
- Provide general guidance to teams on data architecture topics
- Facilitate data architecture working sessions across solution teams
- Facilitate data architecture working sessions with infrastructure and operations teams
- Participate in governance of solution design and development through Moody's architecture governance processes and bodies
- Develop, maintain and evangelize data architecture principles, policies and standards
- Represent data architecture concerns in design, implementation and deployment reviews
- Participate in overall Data Governance processes and working groups
- Lead data innovation initiatives
- Maintain currency with leading and emerging data technologies including "big data" platforms, NoSQL databases, data streaming, in-memory data management, real-time analytics, cloud data services
- Identify business opportunities for applying leading and emerging data technologies at Moody's
- Lead proofs of concept and prototypes of leading and emerging data technologies
- Provide guidance to business, solution development and operations teams in applying leading and emerging data technologies
- Data Modeling
- Data Lifecycle Management
- Data Movement and Migration
- Data Access
- Data Governance
Enterprise Architecture Team
Candidates are expected to demonstrate experience in each of the above responsibilities and focus areas, with the following specific qualifications: Required
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business, Statistics or related technical field required. An MS is preferred.
- 10+ years related work experience in data design, systems design and development, solution delivery
- 5+ years related work experience in data architecture
- Experience with applied d esign techniques for optimizing models for operational, reporting, analysis and distribution data needs
- Design and development of data access, abstraction and virtualization solutions
- Strong skills in SQL and related query languages
- Experience developing solutions with mix of structured, semi-structured and unstructured information
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations
- Good communication and written skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, QA-focused
- Experience with coding languages such as Java, C# preferred
- Prior knowledge of ratings ecosystem is preferred
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, CouchDB or open source equivalents
- Experience with Hadoop distributions such as MapR, Cloudera, HortonWorks or open source equivalents
- Experience with streaming and stream processing technologies such as Kafka, Spark, Flink or similar
- Oracle RDBMS 12C
- Cisco Data Virtualization (Composite)
- Embarcadero ER Studio
- Informatica MDM (Siperian)
- Hadoop / HBase
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.