Global Execution Services (GES) Support
- Competitive Package
- Sydney, Nouvelle-Galles du Sud, Australie
- CDI, Plein-temps
- ABN AMRO
- 02 août 17
We are a global financial services firm with activities in over 25 countries and 85 of the world’s securities exchanges. We offer a broad range of products and services to professional market participants. We have offices around the world, operating in Sydney since 1998; other main offices are located in Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Sao Paulo, London, Amsterdam and Chicago.
- Challenging role
- CBD location
- APAC support coverage
We are seeking to fill the role of a Global Execution Services (GES) Support Supervisor in our Sydney office, reporting in to our Functional Support Team Manager, APAC. The aim of this role is to provide trader support for our clients and remote GES customers.
Purpose of the role is to:
- Manage projects regionally and coordinate these globally where needed. Ensure the smooth operation of an area that directly contributes to the level of business cleared by ABN AMRO Clearing (AAC) in APAC.
- Provide support to clients located in the region using the AAC infrastructure to trade.
- Coordinate the implementation of new GES business and services, plus the expansion of existing GES business.
In this role your main Responsibilities will be to:
- Manage connectivity for supported trading systems (minimising downtime) by regular contact with system Vendors, internal IT contacts and traders where appropriate
- Trader administration; Setting up new trader ID’s, accounts, Exchange registration and maintaining authorised contacts records
- Strong working knowledge of Risk Control for clients using Vendor systems, FIX connectivity and proprietary Order Management Systems
- Proactive ownership of client requests within the GES regional group inbox, and management of requests until a satisfactory resolution is achieved
- Excellent knowledge of exchange traded products, a good understanding of trading practices and connectivity requirements, both locally and regionally
- Main point of contact for the APAC exchanges on all market access related issues
- Local and regional point of contact for Vendor’s with regards to system upgrades or enhancements relating to APAC exchanges, and also for other regional venues where appropriate
- Management of the communication with senior managers, Clients and other related parties on system outages and material incidents
- Strong understanding of current regulatory requirements and impact of forthcoming regulatory changes, both locally and regionally
- Strong collaborative skills, the ability to work closely with other departments such as IT, Risk Management, Commercial and Operations
- The recording and production of accurate monthly billing data for onwards Client invoicing
- Participation in regional and global GES projects and initiatives
- Strong working knowledge of end to end trading & market control related functionalities on vendor systems (TT/Fidessa), FIX connectivity and proprietary order management systems.
- Proactive ownership and coordination of issues across teams like Risk, IT, Operation & Sales demonstrating collaboration & effective problem solving skills.
Preferred Experience, Expertise & Skills:
- 5-7+ years’ work experience in a similar role
- Working and thinking at university level, Accuracy and Numerically astute
- Good understanding of Financial Markets, regulations and trading practices
- Experience within clearing/trading/FIX/ISV domain
- Strong knowledge in TT, Fidessa Software and FIX messaging
- Good understanding of the functionality and practical application of pre trade risk controls
- A team player
- Accuracy and numerically astute.
- Basic working knowledge of Excel, Word, Internet and quote vendors
- Working knowledge of Option Pricing Methodologies
ABN AMRO fosters a working environment for people who want to contribute to a culture of excellence. We make a difference with our expert employees, who are driven by a desire to continue developing. We have confidence in the professionalism and entrepreneurship of our employees. We attract people who take their job and their talents very seriously, and in return we give employees the responsibility and the scope to excel in their role. You will be working with a group of people who have the same drive and vision, but whose backgrounds and experience are as diverse as those of our clients. That is a way of ensuring that we exceed each other's expectations and continually grow.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who has a professional approach and is a subject matter expert who is ready to showcase their technical skills and abilities. In return, we will offer you an attractive remuneration package, great employee benefits and the opportunity to work in a progressive and innovative working environment. If you think you are what we are looking for, please apply now and in your cover letter, please let us know how your experience fits the above criteria.
Applicants will only be contacted if they are successful for an interview.