IT Audit Manager (China)
- Pékin, Beijing, Chine
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Bank of Montreal Asia
- 16 août 17
This audit role is information technology focused covering primarily China. The mandate will extend to cover HK and SG as directed by the Director – Technology, CAD and the Head of Internal Audit (China/Asia). · Execution of assigned IT audit engagements · Develop a work plan or approach for assigned IT audit engagements · Reviewing business processes and identifying and testing business controls · IT control testing based on CoBIT audit objectives and procedures · Completing clear and replicable audit work papers in specified timelines
1. Proactively identify changing client values & continuously align services & practices
Maintain a good working relationship and communication within the LOB, throughout the audit engagement. Stay in tune with clients’ needs.
As required, provide input to the annual plan of changes to the clients business such as areas of new or heightened risk.
Suggest new ideas to improve efficiency/effectiveness of client service.
2. Provide the client with insights as to the efficient & effective functioning of internal controls
Gain a better understanding of the business needs, goals and constraints through research and ongoing interaction during the audit engagement, to better identify client opportunities as to the efficient & effective functioning of internal controls.
Provide feedback and advice to clients on risks and controls, as appropriate, recommending process improvements that reflect best practices.
Support management reporting by ensuring all audit data entered into PAWS has been checked for quality, completeness and accuracy in order to provide quality input to the Head of Internal Audit (China), Director &ACA in support of various clients, Audit Committee and Shareholder Auditor Reporting.
3. Employee Practice - Our people are coveted throughout the organization
Role model Continuous Learning/Improvement behaviours by proactively completing your own competency self-assessment, development plan and PPA objectives by the published due dates. Actively work to fulfill your development plan. Seek opportunities to use new skills & knowledge in the workplace.
Keep current on best practices, trends and new developments through maintaining active memberships in appropriate professional associations, periodic reviews, research studies etc. If applicable obtain/retain approved certifications.
Provide both reinforcing and constructive feedback to your peers and manager, both informally and formally.
Continually develop your ability to receive and build on feedback. Proactively seek out feedback.
Role model effective reward & recognition practices and encourage staff to participate in the Division’s Employee Recognition programs
4. High quality of work
Ensure assigned audit workpaper programs are completed in a manner consistent with CAD’s Internal Professional Practice Standards and Extenal IIA Standards.
Ensure that findings and discussion point are documented in a timely basis and provide the client value-added feedback that is objective, clear, concise, constructive and timely in order to motivate client action.
Support the Head of Internal Audit (China) and Director in audit planning, file documentation and administration and daily audit execution administration. Keeping the audit plan on track and escalate to the Head of Internal Audit (China) and Director in a timely manner with recommendations any; client, audit finding or people issues.
Actively coach new auditors (where assigned responsibility) for such areas as methodology, client relationship management, expectations and skill development in order to enhance performance and quality.
Handle audit issues in accordance with practice methodology, including escalating findings/issues as appropriate.
Give your manager your best advice on how to most effectively accomplish work. Inform your manager when your situation changes so that either you cannot complete a task as assigned or are able to accomplish more than was at first thought practical.
Apply sound judgment to focus on the things that matter the most or have the most significant impact.
Continually improve the way you work. Pay attention to the effectiveness of your current work methods and identify areas where you could make improvements.
Plan your work and know your accountabilities. Apply sound financial and business acumen to the decisions required for your role.
Work effectively and with full commitment to fulfill your mandate and deliver on work assigned. Model strong, informed, confident and quick decision making within your scope of accountability.
5. High Level of influence with the client being seen as a driver of positive change
Keep current on best practices, trends and new developments through maintaining active membership in appropriate professional associations, periodic reviews, and research studies in order to influence positive change in our clients business.
6. Continuously adopt new practices/procedures/issues/techniques into practice
Offer input and provide analysis to support continuous improvement of business processes and procedures within the scope of the work team.
Support the Professional Practice Centre in the design and implementation of new practices in order to ensure operational consistency in support of the CAD Brand.
Proactively assess the impact of proposed or existing legislation, regulations or internal change affecting the client’s business or audit processes. Communicate results and recommend
7. Recognition as a thought leader in internal controls and risk management
Identify value-added insights on each audit that demonstrates your expertise in order to influence positive change with your client.
Identification and inclusion of root cause analysis in each audit in order to help our client with effective solutions to internal Control problems.
Knowledge & Skills
· CIA or other audit designation and minimum three years of audit experience in a technology environment particularly the CoBIT control framework
· At least one of the following designations (more are desirable):
- CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CSX-S, CSX-E, or CISSP (ISC2).
· Familiarity and knowledge of banking regulations relating to IT would be considered an asset.
· In-depth knowledge in internal controls and risk assessment
· Excellent relationship management and communication skills.
· In-depth planning and organizing skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and tight deadlines
· Working level leadership and managerial skills
· Working level negotiating and influencing skills
· In-depth analytical and system thinking skills.
· Able to tolerate an accelerated rate of change in business and regulatory environment.
· Ability to prioritize increasing and sometimes conflicting demands from multiple stakeholders.
· Ability to travel for audit purposes, sometimes for consecutive weeks, several times a year.
· Familiarity with audit principles/practices and methodology.
· Ability to identify and examine emerging risks, in addition to the capability of assessing compliance.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in English and Chinese, both orally and in writing