Business Architect, CIB Technology, Associate
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 14 août 17
Looking for Business Architect who will be responsible for business and IT strategies, working with the business and IT leadership to constantly analyze the impact of proposed business/product change requirements on the overall business and technology architecture
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about J.P. Morgan is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/ http://www.jpmorganchase.com/
About J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With nearly $20 trillion of assets under custody, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
As a Business Architect, you will be responsible for business and IT strategies, working with the business and IT leadership to constantly analyze the impact of proposed business/product change requirements on the overall business and technology architecture. Analyze, design, and change the target business architecture. Participate in strategy development and review sessions and help monitor adherence to strategic direction. Provide essential input as Subject Matter Expert to any major business process or business product-altering project initiation documents, including their objectives, scope, approach, and expected deliverables. Work with the Information, Application, and Technical Architects to develop the target state business process model.
Prepare business architecture deliverables based on process re-engineering standards, and in accordance with the firm’s methodologies (i.e. Six Sigma) and other applicable architectural standards. Develop tools to evaluate existing and future business architecture for compatibility with firm standards and vision. Identify/mitigate risks to delivering solution on time. Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals at all levels. Contribute to continuous improvement by leveraging Six Sigma, CMM, or other methodologies.
- Instrumental in the development or continuance of global architecture standards
- Actively promote the benefit of architecture, accepted best practices, standards and tools to teams in the organization
- Be instrumental in the delivery of architecture roadmap for operational and business solutions
- Introduce new techniques, products, services, technologies and standards that aligns with the wider global architecture strategy
- Engage and manage relationships with stakeholders and technology partners
Qualification & Skills
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience - preferably technology implementation experience
- Proven experience in an IT architecture leadership role
- Demonstrated thought leadership and strategic thinking
- Demonstrated ability to assess business and technology trends
- Solid understanding of project management methodologies and tools
- Experience of both architecture methodologies as well as Business Process Re-engineering (BPR) and Use Case and Scenario definition
- Experience with application/infrastructure design, architecture and delivery
- Understanding of financial analysis concepts and tools
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to influence and drive change within and outside of the team
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. http://careers.jpmorgan.com/careers/why-us/diversity Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.