Information Security Risk Manager - Global Risk
- Hong Kong
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 03 août 17
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfilling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, contingency, geopolitical, operational, credit, pension, insurance, financial crime and regulatory compliance, market and reputation risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Information Security Risk Manager.
In this role, you will
- Increasing the understanding of information risks within the Global Banking, Global Function, HSBC Technology and Services Non Information Technology, by explaining these in plain or business terms and helping them to ensure that these are kept within their risk appetite by recommending mitigating actions.
- Maintaining oversight of Information Risks in the Global Banking, Global Function, HSBC Technology and Services Non Information Technology, by reviewing Risk and Control Assessments, Management Self Identified Issues, Internal Audit findings, Business Risk and Control Manager reviews and any other Information Security Risk related Key Risk Indicators to establish risk themes and provide advice on remediation. Provide risk opinion and guidance to the Global Banking, Global Function, HSBC Technology and Services Non Information Technology, on dispensation requests.
- Manage and maintain close oversight on all Information Security Risk related incidents with a view to provide assurance that risks and impacts have been handled effectively
- Liaising and coordinating with relevant local, regional and global Function Heads.
- Building and deepening relationships with key stakeholders at all levels, including Global or Regional or Country Heads of Global Banking or Global Function
- Representing Information Security Risk on key Risk Management Committees
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Have expert and extensive Information Security Risk and Operational Risk knowledge to face off appropriately to the different risk managers in the Group and also external parties. Understanding of the Fraud and Risk characteristics of key products and channels
- Have significant gravitas that will be obvious to all parts of HSBC, which will enable face off to senior Security Fraud Risk managers and Global Banking or Global Function stakeholders in order to win their confidence and help influence their decisions
- Have excellent communication skills to be able to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and be able to implement strategy and vision
- Experience in dealing with complex matters by adopting a pragmatic approach, identifying core requirements from both a security and a business perspective and translating them into simplified activities that address the problem.
- Experience in Information Security Risk management processes, ideally in financial services.
- Professional related security qualifications preferable such as Certified Information Security Manager and Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009LCB
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited