Business Analyst - Publishing
- Londres, Angleterre, Royaume-Uni
- CDI, Plein-temps
- Cognizant Technology Solutions UK Ltd
- 22 août 17
Cognizant is a leading provider of information technology, consulting and business process outsourcing services. A member of the NASDAQ-100 Index and S&P 500 Index, Cognizant is a Forbes Global 2000 company and a member of the Fortune 500 and is ranked among the top information technology companies in Business Week’s Info Tech 100, Hot Growth and Top 50 Performers listings.
Cognizant’s Information, Media and Entertainment (IME) consulting practice provides information technology, consulting and business process outsourcing services for advertising and marketing, broadcasting, entertainment studios, educational institutions, information services, and printing and publishing firms.
The growth of digital platforms is causing significant change to these industries and Cognizant is working with clients to help meet these challenges and transform their businesses. Leveraging its deep domain and business consulting expertise, Cognizant serves 4 of the top 10 information services companies worldwide, 4 of the top 10 global media companies and all the major entertainment studios. Within the UK&I geography Cognizant primarily works with global STM and trade publishers, higher education service providers, information/data providers and broadcast outlets.
We maintain a standard of excellence in our people, services, and delivery and have created a strong, positive reputation within the industry. At Cognizant, we are continually looking to add star-quality talent to our Team. Please see our website at www.cognizant.com for project credentials and additional information.
Purpose of the Role:
Consulting Analysts serve in a key support role to the engagement team delivering the most appropriate client solutions. Primary responsibilities are to logically organize concurrent deliverables with multiple deadlines, solve and structure client problems through data and root cause analysis leading to proposed recommendations. This requirement is for an on-site Business Analyst to work on Cobalt Release 2 project in Realisation.
Areas of Responsibilities:
Problem and Scope Definition:-
• Support formulation of problem statement and definition of scope
– Drill down beyond the problems surface to understand root cause
– Construct problem statement including problem description
– Identify key stakeholders and construct stakeholder analysis i.e. how they are affected
– Contribute to project planning and effort estimation within scope
– Support the identification of risks and mitigation approaches
• Demonstrate exceptional requirement-gathering skills, leveraging clear direction from engagement management
– Support requirement gathering sessions
– Organize and sequence requirements into a user requirements document
– Write well-formed, validated requirements and manage changes
– Use appropriate tools to record, track and manage requirements
• Can work with a range of people with diverse backgrounds, perspectives and opinions
• Can call upon a range of influencing styles in order to engage with different people
• Overcomes constraints, barriers and impositions to progress, persisting until an agreed solution is reached
• Can identify when to call upon additional support from other team members or outside the team
• Good knowledge of MS Excel
• Stakeholder management
• Review and analyse relevant documentation to ensure the understanding of an organizations function and capabilities
• Conduct relevant research to increase understanding in support of developing comprehensive solutions
• Logically structure recommendations and supporting data to formulate a solid, logical and understandable business case
• Utilize appropriate business modelling techniques to represent and graphically depict various activities, processes and data. These could include:
– Business process modelling
– Process flow modelling
– Data flow modelling
– Stakeholder analysis
• Demonstrate excellence in delivery of all solutions/recommendations, including supporting artefacts, on time and with high quality
• Deliver exceptional engagement support, including development and management of project plan(s) as needed
• Develop high-quality deliverables that are “review-ready” the first time
• Proactively share ongoing point of view and perspectives
• Display strong listening and communication skills when interacting with client and team
• Conduct market research and/or engagement-specific inputs for service offerings e.g. case studies etc.
• Research industry trends and support innovative ideas for practice thought leaders
• Support in the development, research and design of consulting and domain mindshare such as: articles, whitepapers, collateral development, eBooks, info graphics, leadership forums, collaboration sessions, Yammer, etc.
• Support Cognizant leadership in the development of RFI's, RFP's and Service offerings
Customer Relationship Management:-
• Build and maintain strong relationships at different levels of the client organizations
• Support practice building initiatives as planned by practice leadership
• Ensure utilization targets are achieved by seeking opportunities for one self, internal or external as required
• Assist in creating client and/ or practice related materials (deliverables, solutions, industry best practices, standards and other knowledge artefacts) to Cognizant's knowledge management repository
Essential Skills and Experience:
Previous experience within a Tier 1 consultancy
Demonstrable experience as a Business Analyst
Strong customer facing skills
Confident and self-motivated
Business process design skills
Good attention to detail, and problem solving skills
Quick to learn new and complex concepts
Desirable Skills and Experience:
SAP functional knowledge (in the area of logistics)
Cognizant (NASDAQ-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 230 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.