LEAD SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
Lead Senior Software Developer The Location
: Denver, CO The Team:
S&P Global Market Intelligence is at the heart of financial workflows when it comes to providing and analyzing data. This position in part of the Xpressfeed team in Data Management Solutions and is focused on providing clients the critical data they need to make the most informed investment decisions possible. The Impact:
As a member of the Xpressfeed Team at S&P Global Market Intelligence, you will work with a group of intelligent and visionary engineers to build impactful content management tools for investment professionals across the globe. Our Software Engineers are involved in the full product life cycle, from design through release. You will be expected to participate and lead in the design, review process, write high-quality code, code reviews and work with a dedicated team of QA Analysts, Business Analysts, and Database Developers.
What's in it for you?
Does working with a team that collaborates on industry best data solutions excited you? Do you enjoy jumping into projects and searching for issues to solve? Is Software Engineering a passion of yours? Working on the SPGMI team you have the chance to:
• Build a career with a global company
• Work on applications that fuel the global financial markets of the future
• Grow and improve your skills by working alongside highly-motivated individuals on enterprise level product and state of the art technologies
• Be at the forefront of innovation in FinTech industry
• Work on high-impact application that large number of customers count on for getting their job done on daily basis
• Competitive employee benefits
• Open and dynamic work culture Responsibilities:
• Design and develop solutions to support key business needs.
• Build high-quality, high-performance, scalable software.
• Produce system design documents.
• Collaborate effectively with technical partners.
• Be able to document and demonstrate solutions by writing documentation, diagrams, and code comments.
Data Management Solutions Development Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering.
• 6+ years of significant experience in application development using Java, Oracle, SQL Server, Hibernate and Swing.
• Proficient with software development lifecycle (SDLC) methodologies like Agile, Test-oriented development.
• Knowledge of system architecture, object-oriented design, and design patterns.
• Understanding of product versioning, packaging and deployment Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with Agile and Scrum a plus.
• Experience with Continuous Integration.
• Experience with JavaFX, Spring a plus.
• Experience with PostgreSQL and MySQL a plus.
• Cloud experience is a big plus. About S&P Global Market Intelligence
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important-some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
To all recruitment agencies: S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related to such resumes.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfdescribes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
257575 Posted On:
Boulder, Colorado, United States