Join the INTERACTIVE BROKERS Team!
Interactive Brokers has been at the forefront of the Fintech space for over 42 years and we pride ourselves on being primarily a technology company. We continue to challenge the status quo and push boundaries to offer the best trading platform with the most sophisticated features all for the lowest cost to our customers.
We are looking for a Data Scientist with good knowledge and ability to communicate effectively understanding complex problems and explain their solution. The position is well-suited for an organized individual who can meet deadlines, follow written procedures, and collaborate for improvements You will be part of:
The data science team, you will work on developing mathematical models in areas such as detecting fraud and suspicious transactions, security lending pricing models and analysis. You will Build supporting architecture for systems to utilize the models and ensure they are working as expected. You will have close interaction with the software and business departments. The best results come when all members of our team understand the business problems we are working to solve. You will be responsible to:
You are someone who will have:
- Work with various internal stakeholders to address their data analysis/modeling needs.
- Understand software skills such as business analysis in an analytical framework, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Apply statistical / machine learning methods to solve broad range of business problems including pricing, forecasting, anomaly detection, process performance, inventory optimization, customer acquisition/retention/attrition, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to extract meaning from and interpret data using a variety of tools and methods from statistics and machine learning.
- Work with developers on implementing the solutions in a production environment
- Document steps taken and methods utilized in any project
- Generate executive summary of the analysis for stakeholders
- eager to learn new tools and business concepts and quickly adapt to changing business requirements
Good to haves:
- BS in Computer Science or Mathematics or in any related quantitative field.
- Adept at exploratory data analysis, data normalization and data visualization methods
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and programming.
- Experience using statistical computer languages R (ML), Python (scikit-learn), SQL etc. to manipulate, extract and aggregate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Analytical mind and business acumen
- Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra)
Benefits to work with us:
- MS or PhD in Mathematics or another quantitative field
- Prior experience with financial instruments in trading and brokerage
- Experience programming in Java and Oracle
- Experience with machine learning tools and methods such as Deep Learning, Convoluted/Adversarial NN, Tensor Flow, H2O
- Experience with distributed tools such as Hadoop and Spark
- Competitive salary, annual performance-based bonus, and stock grant
- Retirement plan (401K) with company match
- Excellent health and welfare benefits including medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Wellness screenings and assessments, health coaches and counseling services through Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid time off along and generous parental leave policy
- Daily company paid lunch and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy options for breakfast and snack
- Corporate events including team outings, dinners, volunteer activities and company sports teams
- Education reimbursement and learning opportunities with Udemy
- Modern offices with sit/stand desks and multi-monitor setups
Company Overview Interactive Brokers
a subsidiary of publicly-traded Interactive Brokers Group, Inc., based in Greenwich, Connecticut (NASDAQ: IBKR) is a low-cost provider of trade execution and clearing services for active traders, institutional investors, financial advisors and introducing brokers. IBKR's premier technology provides electronic access to stocks, options, futures, forex, bonds, and funds worldwide from a single IBKR Integrated Investment account. IBKR is one of the largest online brokers by trade volume and is consistently ranked at the top of its field.
Our employees are part of a dynamic, multinational, fast-paced, results-oriented team working to provide our customers with state-of-the-art trading technology, superior execution capabilities, worldwide electronic access, and sophisticated risk management tools.
Our headquarters are in Greenwich, CT, USA. IBKR has offices in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Hungary, Estonia, Russia, India, Hong Kong, China, Japan and Australia.
IBKR is a member of NYSE, FINRA, and SIPC. Interactive Brokers Group brokerage affiliates are regulated by securities and commodities agencies around the world.
Click HERE to view a short video with a few words from current Interactive Brokers employees. (if hyperlink is deactivated please copy https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=31899 to your browser)
For more information, please visit www.ibkr.com/info