T Role Overview:
Reporting to the Senior Managing Director and Global Head of Commodities, Options and International Markets, the Managing Director, Global Head of Agricultural Products has direct P&L responsibility for the Agricultural Products business line with 2022 annual revenue of $450 million. This senior executive is responsible for all facets of the development, management, profitability, and successful execution of a comprehensive global product portfolio strategy. This includes managing the current business to accelerate growth in volumes and revenue, expanding and diversifying our Ag product portfolio, globalizing and diversifying our customer base, and developing and executing a robust long term business strategy to position CME Group for success in an ever-changing global landscape.
This senior executive will manage a global staff located in Chicago, London and Singapore and oversee product portfolio innovation, pricing, marketing, technology, and strategic organic and inorganic growth opportunities for CME Group's Agricultural Products business. The ideal candidate must be a thought leader and innovator capable of leading a global team of Agricultural product experts while also having the ability to collaborate with and influence both internal partners and stakeholders as well as external business partners and customers.
The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated set of industry relationships in the physical Agricultural products market as well as experience in regulated markets and working with the CFTC. The ideal candidate must also have experience working in the Grain and Oilseed Markets and/or Livestock markets and working in a commercial agricultural firm or Merchant Trader firm. Principal Accountabilities: • Business Leadership
- Lead a global team of Ag product line experts and regional managers.
- Effectively mobilize Ag Products team members and all internal stakeholders to successfully execute on global business strategy.
- Develop the global strategy and business plan for the Agricultural Products product portfolio, considering both current and future competitive threats and market structure shifts.
- Responsible for the management and positioning of the products and services of the Agricultural Products business line and is accountable for the profit and loss of the business line.
- Work collaboratively with other business units and internal functions including Sales, Research, Marketing, Technology, Clearing, and Business Development.
- Must coordinate and collaborate with other CME Group Global Product Heads to develop coordinated strategies, where appropriate.
• Industry Leadership
- Ensure Ag Products strategy aligns with the overall P&S and CME Group strategy.
- Identify and evaluate potential partnerships, strategic alliances, acquisitions, and opportunities that may create competitive advantages and/or advance the global business line strategy.
- Provide thought leadership to the Ag industry, asset classes, and markets. Articulates the value and impact CME Group has on the global economy to external audiences (senior executive clients, media, trade groups investors, large conferences, etc.)
Key Knowledge and Skills Knowledge Of:
- 15+ years of hands-on experience leading teams in the global Agricultural products markets
- Strong background in physical Agriculture markets and experience managing a global business
- Strong financial services and capital markets knowledge with deep industry ties with groups like the NGFA, NCBA, National Cattlemen's Association, Commodities Markets Council,
- Proven track record of innovation, thought leadership, and complex problem solving
- Proven ability in superior client relationship management skills
- Experience building trust and rapport with senior management and business unit executives
- Global Physical Ag markets (Grains & Oil Seeds, Livestock, Dairy, etc.)
- Cash and Derivatives markets
- CFTC regulated markets
- Deep expertise in listed Futures and Options markets
- Ability to inspire and influence others
- Relationship building and trust
- Ability to train, mentor, and retain staff
- Ability to lead metric-driven migrations
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.