Focus Capital Markets is supporting its forward-thinking systematic trading partner by introducing a sophisticated quantitative researcher to its options market making trading team, widely regarded as the top options trading group in the entire country.
Technology is at the core of the firm's multi-decade track record and therefore we are seeking a quantitative researcher who can scale the options desk trade strategy, build pricing models, drive the trade system design and overall analysis from a quantitative/technical/statistical point of view. In this role, you will also participate in building tools and workflows for systematic trading strategies that directly influence the PnL, which you will share in. The right person for this position will be a quantitative professional equally adept in research as they are in options trade strategy and mentorship of junior researchers.
- 3+ years of experience working as a quant researcher on an options trading desk, with a focus on alpha research.
- Ideally you will have equity options experience.
- Ability to code/model in Python or C++
- For a more senior candidate, we are seeking an ability to lead and mentor junior quant researchers.
- FICC (Fixed Income Clearing Corporation) exposure is a plus.
- A bachelors or higher in math, statistics, analytics, finance, computer science or a related field of study
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Team player mentality - there are no egos as this firm.