Sr Director-Technology Product Development
Translate the asset management business and functional strategy and plans into domain-specific technical capabilities and business solutions. Leveraging technical platforms, drive the creation of digital solutions and products for investment and operational functions to ensure a high level of automation and STP from idea to implementation. Challenge the status quo and identify improvement opportunities. Responsibilities
- Leverage your acumen of asset management business functions, business processes and technology to define and guide the development and implementation of technical solutions. Work as an effective influencer and integrator between the business and technology to effectively drive decisions as they relate to the domain strategies. Define and maintain the strategy to ensure technology solutions support business needs and strategies within cost, schedule and scope. Create and serve as an owner of a multi-year roadmap for capabilities within the domains.
- Provide strategic leadership in defining and designing the end-to-end technology solution models for the business. Drive consistency and optimization of business processes and technology solutions across capabilities within the domain. Assist business and technical designers in understanding design choices. Provide recommendations to preserve integrity across the various strands of change and ensure the delivery of holistic, integrated solutions.
- Work with the business to understand and define business processes that meet goals and objectives and maximize the value proposition of the technology solution. Analyze the existing domains to determine whether opportunities exist to create competitive advantages, cost efficiencies and/or revenue growth. Perform current state assessment to identify people, process, technology and information gaps to develop transformation road map and help create the supporting cost-benefit analysis (CBA).
- Drive the development and adoption of a consistent business architecture practice that includes consistent modeling tools and processes; industry leading best practices; templates and standard deliverables. Act as the custodian of the business architecture standards, methods, conceptual and logical designs. Establish and maintain strong working relationships with senior business, operations and technology management teams in the capacity of a trusted advisor on business architecture matters.
- Manage the domain requirements and design processes, ensuring alignment with Ameriprise business and technology strategies and enterprise business architecture strategy. In partnership with CDO owners, provide strategic product management leadership through brainstorming product concepts and requirements definition that align with the business' need for emerging technology solutions. Provide solution design expertise and support for technology projects.
- Build and develop an effective organization with appropriate skills, organization structure, and direction to satisfy current and future business needs. This includes: recruitment, performance management, salary administration, career planning and budget management. Lead and oversee a team of business architecture professionals that are accountable for delivering business architecture services at Ameriprise. Facilitate the professional growth and development of the business architecture team.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Business or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years related technology experience - including business architecture, systems analysis and system design experience.
- Experience driving business requirements through process mapping, modeling and information flows.
- Proven ability to apply architectural principles, methods and tools to solve for business challenges.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization.
- Expert knowledge of modeling simulation and analysis techniques and methodologies.
- Certifications preferred: CBA, TOGAF (Open CA), Six Sigma (or related process improvement/re-engineering certification)
- Experience working in and general understanding of the financial services industry - including key business drivers.
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment with a strong ability to lead and influence.
- Skilled at perceiving patterns and relationships between technologies, processes, business models and people.
- Ability to act as a liaison conveying the strategic needs of the Business to Technology and the strategic plan of Technology to the Business.