Associate Director - Electrification Technology The Location:
Southfield, MI or US - Remote The Team:
Within S&P Global's Mobility division, the Supply Chain, Technology & Aftermarket team is responsible for building, maintaining, and evolving our insights and data assets that provide our client base with intelligence on these critical areas of the automotive value chain. Whilst the subject matter of the team straddles fifteen topical supply chain areas, this role will encompass a senior North American-based research and remit in to the four domains of Battery, Charging, Propulsion and Thermal Management. The Impact:
Electrification is fundamental to the current and future transition of the automotive industry. As we assist our client base in successfully navigating these challenges, we are looking for an industry thought leader to support our product development activities, build client relationships from both a research and commercial perspective, whilst acting as an ambassador for the work of the team. This will help maintain our growth trajectory and further embed us as the industry partner of choice for objective insight on critical electrification supply chain and technology topics. What's in it for you:
- You will join a diverse, talented and intellectually curious team of seventeen analysts who are experts in their respective electrification areas, working creatively to build objective insights.
- You will be exposed to our broad client base, challenged to answer their questions and support complex decision making. You will grow your network and have the opportunity to develop a holistic understanding of automotive industry dynamics
- Your creative ideas around how best to serve our clients moving forward will be harnessed in conjunction with our team of data scientists, data engineers and project managers, allowing you to execute on critical deliverables
- Your high visibility role will serve as a perfect platform for future growth in this dynamic organization at a fascinating juncture in both our history as a business and that of the wider industry.
What We're Looking For:
- Bring new supply chain insight data assets to market, working with subject matter experts to furnish them with first-class research and aligning them to well-defined industry needs, which you will help us define
- Represent the business at industry events, presenting with confidence and conviction to reinforce our value preposition, whilst displaying comfort in networking environments to help build our brand and your network
- Provide thought leadership across our four domains, ideally with a focus on power electronics and system architectures.
- Be comfortable in outlining the content, methodology and value preposition of our research to existing and prospective clients in North America
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to drive collaboration on key strategic topics for mutual cross-vertical benefit.
- Preferably a degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical or Chemical Engineering. However, Business, I.T. or other science-based degree qualifications will be adequate if supported by relevant experience
- Circa ten years industry experience of project or technical attribute delivery within the Automotive industry, be it directly or in the associated supply chain. This could be with manufacturers/OEMs, tier suppliers, research institutions, consultancies or similar companies. Your experience would be focused in areas such as research & development, market planning, advanced engineering or supply chain management.
- Fluency in English is essential. Any further languages beneficial
- Knowledgeable in data manipulation techniques and full competency in Microsoft Excel-based software is essential. Further, more extensive understanding of data science and programming (e.g. KNIME, R, Python, MATLAB etc) is highly beneficial.
This role is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States. Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12 About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Mobility
turns invaluable insights captured from automotive data to help our clients understand today's market, reach more customers, and shape the future of automotive mobility.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
R31944 Posted On:
Southfield, Michigan, United States