Research Analyst The Team:
Medium & Heavy Commercial Vehicle (MHCV) team supports manufacturers of trucks and buses as well as other market participants with predictive insights driving critical business decisions. You will help clients navigate change and uncertainty; support the MHCV team meet demand for services; and gain valuable insights into the automotive industry. The Impact:
This role will keep abreast of current automotive industry news and interpret market trends, with special attention to MHCV engine, fuel, propulsion, and technology trends. Furthermore, this analyst will be expected to demonstrate depth and breadth of auto industry knowledge to customers through written analytical reports; forecast datasets; in-person meetings; and special consulting projects. What's in it for you:
- Industry especially MHCV industry analysis methods
- Intercultural communication skill by working with colleagues from all over the world
- Growth in new technical knowledge
What We're Looking For:
- Develop specialized knowledge of the commercial vehicle technology market to enhance the forecasting capabilities of the MHCV team.
- Research and analyze MHCV powertrain and component technology trends, including but not limited to autonomous and connectivity topics.
- Help maintain engine production forecast assumptions and support vehicle-sales and vehicle-production analysts on related forecast work e.g., commercial-vehicle registrations by fuel type.
- Develop relationships with supplier and OEM contacts as well as media to extend S&P Global brand and product awareness. Also, to validate data and exchange intelligence.
- Represent S&P Global externally, at conferences and other industry events.
- Prior experience, preferably two to five years of work experience with an OEM, supplier, engineering firm, or regulator is preferred. Product engineering experience preferred.
- Prior experience in market research, forecasting or product planning a plus but not required.
- Strong research skills with an ability to conduct independent analysis to uncover insights.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Strong presentation and communication skills and comfortable in client interactions both virtually and in-person.
- Understanding of autonomous concepts and automotive technology is a must.
- Attention to detail and initiative approach.
- Personal and professional interest in technology topics.
- Team player with an ability to work independently with a self-management mindset.
- Prior knowledge of EE architecture is a plus but not required.
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree should be in a relevant quantitative field, ideally Engineering.
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 8 The Location:
Southfield, MI Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $60,000 to $79,000 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan. This role is not eligible for additional compensation such as an annual incentive bonus or sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets. S&P Global Mobility
turns invaluable insights captured from automotive data to help our clients understand today's market, reach more customers, and shape the future of automotive mobility.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH203 - Entry Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
282815 Posted On:
Southfield, Michigan, United States