Analyst, Low Carbon Transportation Location:
Denver, Houston, London, Washington DC Grade:
10 ( for internal purposes only ) The Role:
Commodity Insights Analytics is looking for an energy analyst to join the Future Energy team to focus on low carbon fuels for the transportation sector - given their role in Energy Transition. This team member will play a pivotal role in directing Commodity Insights Analytics' low carbon fuels market outlooks, exploring pathways, and tracking developmental signposts. The work involves analyzing energy technologies, developing forecasts, writing commentary, and developing analytical tools, research and models that underpin our client offering. You will provide market insights into a wide range of solutions to meet end-user needs for transport service, including analyzing regional policy, calculating cost curves for numerous technologies and fuels, and carbon intensity.
This role will report to the team's Future Energy Signposts manager and will be working towards the development of fully integrated cross-commodity energy outlooks. Analysts work individually and in teams to conduct research, consolidating the results into complete, accurate, and compelling analyses. Analysts also support managers in meetings and discussions with clients and, with time, independently. Analysts also may attend outside events and conferences on behalf of the organization. The Impact:
Commodity Insights Analytics is a global team responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and forecasting global energy commodities markets and prices. Our customers represent a wide range of activities across the energy industry and, as a result, our analysis is reviewed and challenged from many different perspectives.
You will play a key role in supporting Commodity Insights Analytics' services and could also play a role in driving growth for clients interested in understanding this rapidly growing space. The Career Opportunity:
You will be a crucial member of Commodity Insights Analytics' Future Energy Outlooks offering. In addition, there will be opportunity to contribute to an emerging global brand and to take part in customer-facing activities, including webinars and conference presentations. You will have the opportunity to represent Commodity Insights Analytics Future Energy Outlooks. The Team :
You will be part of the Future Energy Outlooks team which comprises international specialists providing clients with key insights to understand and manage the risks and opportunities around long term energy trends and the energy transition. FEO's four primary research disciplines are: Pathways, Outlooks, Signposts, and Footprints. Qualifications:
- Minimum of a four year degree or similar level of university education in energy systems, economics, chemistry, engineering, or a similar discipline.
- 3-5 years of experience conducting research or market analysis in the energy transitions sector. Demonstrated experience with more technical and scientific writing. (Writing sample required with applications)
Additional Useful Skills:
- Technical abilities around organizing and analyzing data. Strong Microsoft Suite skills are required with an emphasis on Excel.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is essential.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Topical research experience in alternative or low-carbon technologies is a bonus.
- Knowledge of Python, R, and data science is a bonus.
- Experience advising clients within the energy sector is a bonus.
- Track record of experience presenting technical material to public audiences, including: webinars, conference presentations, panels of subject matter experts, podcasts, and roundtables.
Accountabilities: Be an expert
- Proven experience in understanding dynamics around low carbon transportation technologies
- Knowledge of key financial metrics and tools of economics (NPV, IRR, elasticity, markets)
- Exhibit a keen interest for the energy industry and a problem-solving/solutions-oriented attitude.
- Ability to tackle problems and take independent action is key.
- Strong communication skills, including: active listening; concise written style, and the ability to communicate complex systems in clear and non-technical way.
- Ability to recognize trends and provide recommendations and develop logical conclusions.
- Knowledge of mathematical, statistical and modelling concepts and research methods, including: learning curves and regressions.
- Understand the key technologies and policies impacting the trajectory of the transportation market. Identify critical emerging regional and global trends early.
- Model and report on the cost trajectories of key technologies and fuels.
- Detailed focus on supply & demand balances - including trends in consumption, drivers of uptake, factors impacting supply, and global trade.
- Identify key developments around the interface alternative fuels and incumbent energy commodities - i.e. oil, coal, and natural gas displacement
- Harness existing data sets, identify new, valuable data sets for collection and analysis and conduct rigorous reviews of the quality of that information. Research, collect, organize, standardize, process, relevant data
- Deliver succinct and high-quality written content that demonstrates the expertise outlined above.
- Create charts, graphs and other visually valuable content that illustrates the trends Commodity Insights' customers need to follow.
- Articulate expertise and thought leadership through a variety of media including but not limited to podcasts, webinars, video, conference, and speaking engagements.
- Engage with customers, market experts, and potential customers.
- Use competitive intelligence to stay ahead. Innovate.
- Be commercially astute through listening to customer. Identify viable opportunities for revenue growth.
- Promoting a positive and team-oriented work environment. Take pride in a job well done, learn from mistakes and celebrate successes.
- Engage with teams across Commodity Insights to ensure cohesive and integrated energy system outlooks.
- Share insights and liaison with key modelers in power, petchems, oil, and gas teams to ensure consistency of assumptions and drivers.
- Represent Commodity Insights Analytics' expertise and commitment to quality in S&P Global initiatives in the Americas.
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $84,460 to $115,000 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.1 - Middle Professional Tier I (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
274184 Posted On:
Washington, District of Columbia, United States