The Role: Associate, Credit Research & Insights Grade/Level
( relevant for internal applicants only ):11 The Location:
New York, NY The Team:
The Credit Research & Insights team, within S&P Global Ratings Research, provides timely credit research and insight in relation to global credit and rating performance trends. The team generates leading-edge credit research which is widely used throughout the firm and by external stakeholders. The Impact:
The Research Associate will play an important role in shaping and managing fixed income credit research projects within the Credit Research & Insights group. She or he will work closely with senior team members to prepare detailed statistical and analytical reports and related materials, conduct specific credit research projects, interact with senior analysts and management across the firm, as well as external parties. What's in it for you:
- Contribute to and produce high profile credit research reports extensively read outside the firm
- Encouraged to produce original content.
- Exposure to multiple asset classes (corporates, public finance, structured finance, sovereigns)
- Opportunities to work on credit research projects with stakeholders across the organization
- Global coverage and exposure of the role
- Engagement with external stakeholders.
What We're Looking For: Basic Qualifications:
- Organize, analyze, and validate datasets (such as ratings performance, pricing, credit derivatives, macroeconomic) and investigate key data relationships
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative credit research, and various statistical analysis to analyze trends
- Monitor and analyze key global market credit trends
- Manage Access and Oracle databases, including writing queries
- Write commentary to support research observations
- Meet rigorous publishing deadlines
- Interpret and articulate research report findings for external clients, and internal stakeholders.
- Stay actively abreast of financial market events and their implications
- Knowledge of credit markets, on the buy side, sell side or in a credit research or advisory capacity.
- Quantitative and numerical skills, with a minimum of 3 years of experience querying and analyzing fixed income and macroeconomic data. Prior experience aggregating and interpreting company and sector-level financial data would be a plus.
- Experience interperating and translating data and market trends into written commentary - highlighting key insights.
- Excel knowledge and experience with database and statistical tools (Oracle SQL, Python,
- Experience presenting to internal and external audiences
- Team player with track record of collaboration with cross functional and cross regional teams
- Demonstrated ability to self-manage, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
Return to Work
- CFA, FRM, CPA, or MBA preferred
- Prior experience working in a credit research capacity within financial markets.
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative, we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700 to $170,400 . Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires . About Company Statement : S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
284784 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States