This role sits within the BrokerTec Fixed Income businesses that operate in London and New York but the position will be based in New York. The primary responsibility is to help grow the profitability of the Fixed Income business through the increased use of electronic trading in both existing core markets and in to new sectors and product lines. The role, supporting the Executive Director of BrokerTec Products, will require a significant amount of autonomy, initiative and creativity. Moreover, this diverse role requires an individual who enjoys working in a close-knit team and daily interaction with market participants.
Specifically, the primary focus of this role is on development of the BrokerTec repo central limit order book (CLOB) and the BrokerTec Quote business lines via:
- Customer growth and adoption
- New customer onboarding and pipeline
- Delivery of product enhancements and new markets
- Supporting day-to-day running of the markets
The individual sought must be looking for a highly diverse role who is willing and able to take on any task required of them in order to help grow and support the business. For the right individual this role will be highly rewarding and offer the opportunity for significant professional growth. Although not all skills might be immediately met, BrokerTec seeks an individual whose attitude demonstrates the ability to take on any challenge or task that is presented.
The role sits in the Global Repo team and so a background with strong knowledge of the product and its customer base is highly preferred and beneficial. Ideal candidates will experience from front office in an investment bank, or other repo execution venue. Skills:
- Excellent understanding of Fixed Income (across D2C & D2D) and any associated relevant products gained via front office exposure within investment banking or electronic trading firm or equivalent relevant experience in product development. Key markets included, but not limited to: Repo, USTs, TRS, Corporate bonds. Repo is highly preferred.
- Exposure to sales and ability to market and communicate with clients and various institutions within a day-to-day market environment and via more formal presentations
- Ability to design, plan, validate and deliver complex business solutions from conception to launch.
- Experience of working with and delivering trading platform products, functional enhancements, new product solutions
- Experience with Bloomberg and running/using trading systems
- Ability to identify and refine commercial opportunities into business cases, from start to end
- Understand and anticipate changing business needs as a result of changing environments including regulatory landscapes
- Strong understanding of technology and highly interested in how technology can further financial markets
- Strong and confident communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Problem solver with can do attitude
- Good relationship building skills with ability to interact with different people at all levels across the business internally and externally
- Good team player and desire to be part of a small close-knit team
- Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail, highly organized with a proactive approach
- Honest and trustworthy, with an open communication style
- Take ownership of an issue through to resolution
- Ability to develop new skills and understand new technology and products as required
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.