Our client, a leading global multi $ Bn hedge fund are now looking to hire a very talented quantitative economist to join a very successful team in NYC.
- This economist will work alongside a leading Macro PM and other team members developing econometric forecasting models (inflation, growth, balance of payments, fiscal balances, etc), monetary policy replication models, fundamental valuation models and tools/analytics for monitoring economics w/ the goal of supporting macro trading strategies with a focus on rates and FX across EM and G10; scope to expand beyond rates and FX in future.
- Work closely with the team to translate these models into actionable and repeatable trading signals.
- Collaborate closely with the central economics and strategy teams to develop and enhance their models (where relevant) and/or integrate their models into the PM team’s semi-systematic framework.
- Ad-hoc projects related to deep dives into underlying economies or data releases to enhance semi-systematic approach.
- Advanced degree in economics, financial economics, econometrics or related discipline.
- Programming experience in Python (C#/Java helpful, C++ helpful but not required).
- Min 5 years of practical experience at a central bank or policy institution research department, bank or hedge fund; experience at both a central bank and/or bank or hedge fund would be highly desirable.
- Experience w/ EM economies is desirable.
- Exceptionally strong understanding of central bank policy, tools and macro-economics and practical implications for policy decisions and market outcomes.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
This is a chance to join one of world's top hedge funds and dramatically increase your earning potential. Our client has one of the best performance and award structures globally, to include strong sign on and guaranteed bonuses and is also well regarded for its strong training and collaborative team based culture.
Please get in touch or send your resume to:
firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further.