Senior Index Manager - ESG Indices The Location:
New York, USA The Grade:
G11 (for internal purposes) The Team
The ESG Index Management Team within the Global Index Management & Production Group. calculates, publishes and maintains a wide range of high-profile, S&P and Dow Jones-branded indices across a range of ESG themes, including Climate Transition, Carbon Efficiency and Clean Energy. The Impact
The Senior Index Analyst (Internal title: ' Senior Index Manager ') is responsible for a wide range of indices across global equity markets, with a focus on ESG themes.
The Senior Index Manager will ensure that the indices are managed at all times in accordance with their public methodologies, perform scheduled index rebalances, carry out analysis and make presentations to Index Committees on a regular basis. What's in it for you
This is an exciting opportunity to join the leading, global index provider. As a Senior Index Manager, you will work on a wide range of indices measuring fast-moving and evolving financial markets. You will work collaboratively with multiple, global teams across the Index Management & Production Group and beyond to ensure the accuracy and integrity of S&P Dow Jones Indices products. You will regularly review and assess existing index methodologies to ensure the indices continue to meet their objectives, as well as review and assess new index concepts and work with our research and development teams to bring these through a rigorous process, ready for launch. Responsibilities:
- Calculate S&P and Dow Jones branded indices, ensuring timely and accurate delivery of real-time and end-of-day index data to clients and end users.
- Ensure corporate actions of company constituents in each assigned index are correctly applied in SPDJI proprietary system according to index methodology and validate special treatment for index specific items.
- Perform analytical research on companies to determine the composition of assigned indices, interpreting complex index methodology and adjusting data in our calculation system
- Perform index rebalances by interpreting index methodology, running models and research for adds/drops, implementing changes and communicating these appropriately to clients, all with a focus on quality and accuracy.
- Make presentations of original, non-routine analysis to the index committee in support of the indices for which the Senior Index Manager is responsible. Decisions reached by Index Committees determine index compositions and drive asset allocations.
- Take responsibility for the management of high-profile indices, displaying ownership and in-depth knowledge of our product lines.
- Provide timely and accurate responses to enquiries from clients via internal functions such as Client Coverage and Index Services
- Work in close coordination with the technology group and production support group to further enhance our system capabilities
- Bachelor's Degree. CFA or Advanced degree in business, math, economics, or finance strongly preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of professional experience working directly with financial indices, in equity research or analysis, asset management, or related roles.
- A demonstrable understanding of global financial markets and company fundamentals
- Prior and demonstrable knowledge or experience with ESG topics, in particular how these relate to indexing and/or asset management and are incorporated into investment strategies. These include, but are not limited to:
- ESG Scores and Ratings
- Business involvement classifications
- Emissions, carbon and other environmental metrics
- Evolving industry standards and regulations
Compensation/Benefits Information (US Applicants Only):
- Strong understanding of how indices are used, the impact of different methodologies, corporate event events on both indices and financial portfolios
- Experience with corporate action research, stock-screening, index rebalancing would be advantageous
- Ability to assume responsibility, communicate clearly, work with others and manage projects in a global context
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office required. Knowledge of VBA, Python would be an advantage
- Excellent analytical and numerical capabilities to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $100,000 - $136,000. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible for an annual incentive bonus/a sales commission plan.
This role is eligible to receive additional S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits we provide to our employees, visit https://www.spgbenefitessentials.com/newhires .
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
269765 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States