The Role :
Director of Process Engineering Design, Industry Processes and Cost Analytics (IPCA) business unit within Commodity Insights Fuels, Chemicals and Resources Solutions. The Location:
Houston TX The Team:
IPCA is global in coverage and is powered by our team of experienced chemical engineers, chemists, MBAs, and CFAs to evaluate embryonic, developing and commercially operating chemical, refinery, decarbonization, renewables, bio, and energy-related process technologies. Our core strength is providing our customers a transparent and independent view of such technology against a business sustainability (commercial) framework, a.k.a. "the business of technology", using a "bottom-up" chemical engineering approach. The Impact:
IPCA's offering: Process Economics Program (PEP) is the world's premier technology evaluation organization having served the chemicals and energy industries since 1963. Our energy, refining, petrochemical, renewable bio-processing, plastics, process technology assessments drive decision making at the highest levels of business and government for multi-billion dollar investment decisions.
If you seek an opportunity to apply your talents to their fullest extent along lines of excellence, consider this opportunity to work in the 60 year old world renowned Process Economics Program. Become a leader today while following in the footsteps of those who have come before you. What's in it for you
: This role provides an environment to creatively leverage your deep process engineering experience in the chemicals, green and energy industries to assess the commercial feasibility of developing technology. You will be able to create chemical engineering content based on publicly available information and our library of over 2000 processes coupled with your in-depth chemical engineering process design knowledge of mature and developing process technologies. PEP engineers are "technical detectives". Responsibilities:
- Provide chemical engineering process design expertise and support to PEP team.
- Develop conceptual process designs for mature and developing technologies.
- Simulate the process either in a commercial simulator such as AspenTech, Promax, ProTreat, etc., or generate a heat and mass balance using general tools.
- Construct PFDs of the technology from known literature sources and your own engineering judgement.
- Compare results against other available technologies and draw conclusions.
- Develop new ideas for report topics.
What We're Looking For
- Create and deliver scheduled reports and reviews needed to support program commitments.
About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
- Process chemical engineer with 30+ years of industry process chemical engineering design experience.
- MS, PhD is a plus.
- Experience performing process economic evaluations.
- Excellent technical writing and presentation skills required.
- Strong interpersonal skills and maturity to be able to mentor less experienced process chemical engineers as a Process Technology expert.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Commodity Insights
enables organizations to create long-term, sustainable value with data and insights for a complete view on the global energy and commodities markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
282216 Posted On:
Houston, Texas, United States