S&P Dow Jones Indices The Role:
Associate Director, Index Management and Production The Team:
The Asia Pacific Index Management Team within the Global Index Management and Production Group. The Impact:
The Associate Director, Index Management and Production, will lead the team responsible for a wide range of indices across the APAC region, with a particular focus on the S&P/ASX and S&P/NZX Index families produced as part of strategic partnerships between S&P Dow Jones Indices ("S&P DJI") and regional stock exchanges. The successful candidate will be expected to assume full responsibility for managing and overseeing a team of analysts, ensuring the alignment of processes and workflows, and adherence to global policies and practices. What's in it for you:
As part of the global Index Management team, you will work collaboratively with a wide range of indices across global markets and must be able to analyze and implement complex index methodology and solve non-routine problems on an on-going basis. You will also have a pivotal role in coordinating across multiple other teams within S&P DJI, including the Research and Development, Product Management and Technology functions. Responsibilities:
- Oversee tasks undertaken by Index Production Analysts, including index calculation, reconciliation, publication, analysis of corporate events and index rebalance work. Ensure Index Production processes are streamlined and effective (30% of time).
- Ensure high standards of quality and integrity are met. Lead the Index Management QA process to review any errors and enhance processes accordingly. Participate in the global QC and incident remediation process (10% of time).
- Take a lead role in Index Committees and methodology reviews to ensure indices are calculated in accordance with SPDJI standards and aligned with their respective objectives (10% of time).
- Act as a subject matter expert and point of escalation for analysts in dealing with all manner of issues arising from index production across the APAC region (15% of time).
- Talent Management for Index Manager Employees, with responsibility for staff performance, development and recruitment (10% of time).
- Assess capacity to maintain additional indices within the Index Management team. Liaise with other key stakeholder groups, including Research and Design, and Product Management in the development of new indices (5% of time).
- Be able to train both new and existing employees in order to ensure best practices in index management (5% of time).
- Develop and maintain relationships with key members of other groups within S&P Dow Jones Index Services and across other departments, particularly the Technology group, in order to further enhance system capabilities and improve processes and workflows (10% of time).
What We're Looking For:
- Work closely with S&P Dow Jones Indices technology group to further enhance our system capabilities by identifying (and by working as part of a team to correct) deficiencies in our workflow and quality control processes. Lead User Acceptance Testing (UAT) requirements as assigned, or delegate as necessary (5% of time).
- A demonstrable understanding of global financial markets
- 5 years of relevant experience working with indices and index-related data is required. Direct experience with another index provider and/or financial institution involved in asset/portfolio management is strongly preferred to demonstrate necessary knowledge and experience
- Specific experience and demonstrable knowledge of corporate events (e.g. M&A) and accompanying documentation (e.g. filings and related documents) required, experience with multi-asset indices would be advantageous
- Strong understanding of how indices are used, the impact of different methodologies, corporate events on both indices and financial portfolios
- 2-3 years of management experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree. Advanced degree in business, mathematics, economics, or finance strongly preferred
- Ability to learn S&P's proprietary index calculation methods, index rebalance and maintenance procedures quickly
- Superior computer skills in Excel, Word and related applications. Access, VBA, or Python would be an advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to coordinate work done by multiple people and/or groups
S&P Global Grade
- Excellent analytical and numerical capabilities to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 12 The Location:
Sydney About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Dow Jones Indices
provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
273208 Posted On:
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia