Head of Accounting Department
Nippon Shokubai Europe is a Japanese chemical company, based in Zwijndrecht. Together, we lead the way in the field of super-absorbent polymers, used in diapers among other things. Our business family is currently looking for a Head of Accounting Department.
You are responsible for monitoring the financial and accountancy process within the group. Your main responsibilities consist of:
- Managing a team of two accounting co-workers.
- Overseeing and supporting daily activities.
- Outlining and designing accounting methods, policies and principles according to Belgian GAAP.
- Ensuring that all transactions are correctly recorded and registered.
- Following up on payments.
- Summarizing expenses and allocations of products.
- Controlling the processing of the balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements.
- Supporting the controller with the month- and year-end closings according to the principle of Fast Closing.
- You have a bachelor's degree in economics, accountancy or finance with 5 to 10 years of experience in an accounting environment.
- You have experience in general accounting (preferably in an industrial production environment).
- You have experience with SAP.
- You have a solid knowledge of Belgian GAAP and VAT management.
- You have an extensive knowledge of accounting and accounting principles, processes, legislation and regulations.
- You have already gained some experience in managing a small team.
- You already have experience with or are open to acquiring a thorough knowledge of cost accounting (SAP CO module).
- You have a good knowledge of English and Dutch.
This is a job with responsibility in an international environment.
We also offer a competitive salary with an extensive fringe package, including a company car.