Advisor/Consultant - IoT Strategy & Advisory Services
Location: Benelux - Europe ROLE DESCRIPTION The Opportunity
Cognizant's IoT Advisory unit is looking for IoT experts like yourself who are ready to join a world-class team of design, business, and architecture experts. We partner with companies across a variety of vertical markets to realize the business value of IoT-based technologies and in turn redefine the human experience.
IoT is a journey, to lead that journey, the IoT Advisory team identifies opportunities, defines strategies, and then leads the implementation of these strategies. As such, we need strategically minded people like you who can help successfully navigate and chart the uncertain waters of innovation. What we look for
You will need a strong technical foundation in IoT technologies combined with business acumen and a strategic mind. A technology foundation could include an undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field. Alternatively, your technology experience could come from having worked in industry. You also need to be comfortable working in a consulting role for executive clientele and leading consulting engagements. Identify Opportunities for IoT to Drive New Sources of Value for our Clients
You will leverage your IoT and strategy consulting experience to hit the ground running with clients who are at different phases of integrating IoT-based technologies into their solutions. We need you to dive into creating technology solutions that drive new sources of revenue for our clients. You easily understand and develop points-of-view around how IoT-enabled technologies and can drive value for our clients. Industries of particular interest for us are manufacturing, retail, consumer goods, automotive, banking and life sciences. IoT Expertise
Your IoT expertise may come from multiple clients in a single industry or span multiple industries and allows you to understand the device-to-cloud architectures necessary for IoT products and applications. A good understanding of edge/cloud analytics, AR/VR, and AI/ML would be beneficial. Business & Strategy Skills
Your business acumen and a strategic mindset are necessary to up-level from the technology to help our customers identify opportunities to leverage IoT-based technologies to enhance the value of their offerings. This can lead to the creation of roadmaps that prioritize highest value opportunities, restructuring their organizations, or creating discrete product strategies. These skills may come from various sources, such as an MBA, launching startups / new business units, or working in a consulting role for product strategy and design firms. Experience with design thinking & research methodologies and TOGAF® certification is a plus. What to Expect
By joining the IoT Advisory team, you will be responsible for establishing trusted advisor relationships with the leaders of Fortune 500 companies. You will spend time onsite with clients to support business development for new work and delivering consulting projects. Developing points-of-view and thought leadership will be part of your go-to-market responsibilities. Cognizant is a large organization so you should be comfortable partnering across practice and aligning with remote colleagues to support your initiatives and activities. Within Cognizant Digital Business - Consulting we are a globally distributed team that collaborates in building and growing a world class IoT consulting services organization. Many interactions will be remote and you will need to be a self-motivated, organized team player. Why Join
We are looking to create a diverse team of talents and points-of-view to create a world-class strategy and innovation consulting team. Consider joining our team if you are the type of person whose skills and interests span multiple domains. We need people who can look at problems through the lenses of business, technology, and design to identify the critical intersections that make or break a successful investments & initiatives. Skills Summary
- Internet of Things expertise; understands device-to-cloud solution architecture, across business domains or for different companies.
- Strong technology foundation in computer science, electrical engineering, or related fields; a conceptual thinker, IT architecture affinity, preferably a TOGAF® certification.
- Business acumen and strategic mindset
- Comfortable with public speaking in front of executive audiences
- Experience selling, scoping, and delivering strategy consulting projects
- Experience leading & crafting interactive client workshops
- Examples of prior thought leadership through articles, whitepapers, or speaking roles
- In addition to an excellent command of English, the ability to engage in Dutch with our clients is very desirable.
Nice to have:
- past experience in software development, engineering, or solution architecture
- Experience working as a consultant for a management, innovation, or design consultancy
- Experience in product management or product strategy roles
- Design Thinking expertise; applying design thinking and design research to product and business strategy challenges