Role is open to both Permanent Full-employment and freelance
Contractors can work remotely with the occasional visit.
Permanent employees need to be based in Belgium with occasional visit also
Location: Brussels, Belgium/Remote (If you are a contractor, Remote from anywhere in Europe with the very occassional visit to the office)
Key Responsibilities & Scope for Decision Making
• Research and prototype novel techniques combining blockchain technology and new crypto algorithms
• Defend the new techniques/algorithms in clear presentations which are easy to understand, but still accurate and which convince stakeholders
• Design clean SW architecture appropriate for the business context in which the SW is intended to run
• Deliver well tested, high-quality SW which runs reliably and predictably in the intended business context
KEY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Hands-on experience developing proofs-of-concept and pilots in at least one of the blockchain platforms - Ethereum, Hyperledger, Multi-chain.
• Experience in Open source tools and technologies
• Understanding of Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies
• Understanding of various distributed consensus methodologies (Mining, PoS, etc).
• Strong knowledge of cryptography, including asymmetric (pub/priv key), symmetric, hash functions, encryption/signatures.
• Knowledge of versioning systems Git etc.
• Passion for best design and coding practices and a desire to develop new bold ideas
HIGHLY DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE
• Hands-on experience in using a number of the following languages: Java, Golang, Scala, Haskell, Erlang, C, C++
• Good Software Engineering skills, insights, and experience
• Mastery of an interpreted language like Python or Ruby
• Apart from these pure technical skills, the ideal candidate should also possess:
• The ability to be productive in a team, to assist and guide other team members when required, and to help improve the team's productivity
• The ability to work independently and pro-actively
• A strong quality orientation, combined with a pragmatic attitude to deliver
• Strong command of English
• Excellent presentation, communication and writing skills