Our aim is to support our clients incorporating changes and innovations in valuation, risk and compliance. We share the ambition to contribute to a sustainable and resilient financial system and facing these extraordinary challenges is what drives us every day. Our people are empowered to design and implement efficient and pragmatic solutions. Acting as one team with our partners and clients, we bring a distinctive mix of financial and technological know-how. This unique blend of expertise, team spirit and fairness has contributed to more than 30 years of successful projects and trustful relationships.
At Finalyse, we believe that each member is unique and that diversity enriches us in many ways. We strive for an inclusive working environment that pursues mutual respect for each other’s beliefs and backgrounds.
- Participation to or leading climate risk and sustainable finance engagements for our banking and insurance clients.
- Assisting our clients in the assessment of their climate risk exposure using climate stress testing, TCFD disclosures, while using the most advanced technologies or software packages.
- Supporting client in the development of non-financial KPI’s and sustainability metrics to support ESG risk regulatory disclosures.
- Design and implementation of ESG-strategies (incl. climate ambition).
- Enhancement of the risk management framework to incorporate risks stemming from ESG factors (including but not limited to climate risk).
- Development of methodologies to identify, quantify and prioritize the materiality of ESG factors on the activities of our clients (and derive financial risk impacts under different scenarios), incl. definition/selection of adequate data.
- Depending on your experience, you work as a member of our team of talented individuals or you will coordinate the workload in various projects while coaching more junior staff.
In addition to this role, you may be expected to:
- Build and maintain close relationships with our clients.
- Participate in business development initiatives or internal projects.
- Raise and market the Finalyse image in the financial industry through publications in our Regbrief, participate in external conferences or networking events.
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- Master Degree in econometrics, physics, mathematics, or applied economics with an academic track record in a quantitative field.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in Financial Services in the banking sector.
- Affinity with banking products: retail and non-retail.
- An understanding of one or more of the following topics: sustainable and green finance, climate risk, ESG reporting, climate stress testing and TCFD requirements.
- First hands-on experience in the following areas: model development or model validation, valuation models for financial instruments etc.
- Relevant regulatory knowledge for banking and insurance (eg. Basel III, Solvency II, IFRS9, IFRS17, FRTB, IRRBB,…).
- Good command of specific packages like Matlab, SAS, R, Python and VBA.
- Ability to work autonomously in a result-oriented environment.
- Very good communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
- Readiness to travel throughout Europe.
NICE TO HAVE
- A certification like FRM or PRM would be an advantage.
- Having a climate related degree or certification is a plus (SCR)
- The opportunity to join a diverse, multinational, dynamic team of talented and passionate individuals with a broad range of analytical and technical skills.
- An excellent working environment with a space for defining your own specialization and career within our flat and flexible structure.
- The opportunity to take initiatives and responsibilities quickly in a fast growing company.
- Extensive training programmes adapted to your personal needs, both on technical matters as well as on softs skills.
- Coaching and mentoring by more experienced colleagues.
- Flexible working arrangements - remote/hybrid work mode and 9/10 or 4/5 possible time schedules.
- Attractive remuneration package and extralegal benefits (health insurance, pension benefits, mobility package, etc.)
- Travel opportunities inside European countries