At Finalyse, our aim is to support our clients incorporating changes and innovations in valuation, risk and compliance. We share the ambition to contribute to a sustainable and resilient financial system. Facing these extraordinary challenges is what drives us every day. Our people are empowered to design and implement efficient value chains and pragmatic solutions. Acting as one team with our partners and clients, we bring a unique mix of financial and technological know-how. At Finalyse, every client and employee is unique. This distinctive blend of expertise, team spirit and fairness has contributed to more than 30 years of successful projects and trustful relationships.
At Finalyse, we believe that each member is unique and that diversity enriches us in many ways. We strive for an inclusive working environment that pursues mutual respect for each other's beliefs and backgrounds. RESPONSIBILITIES
- You participate to or lead climate risk engagements for our banking and insurance clients.
- You assist our clients in the assessment of their climate risk exposure using climate stress testing, physical risk assessment, ... while using the most advanced technologies or software packages.
- You support client in the development of non-financial KPI's and sustainability metrics to support climate risk regulatory disclosures.
- You advise clients on the incorporation of climate risk metrics into their existing risk management framework and prudential risk models.
- Enhancement of the risk management framework to incorporate risks stemming from physical and transition risk.
- Development of methodologies to identify, quantify and prioritize the materiality of climate risk factors on the activities of our clients (and derive financial risk impacts under different scenarios), incl. definition/selection of adequate data.
- Development of metrics to measure and steer portfolio alignment.
- Depending on your experience, you work as a member of our team of talented individuals or you will coordinate the workload in various projects while coaching more junior staff.
In addition to this role, you will also be able:
MUST HAVE REQUIREMENTS
- To build and maintain close relationships with our clients;
- Participate in business development initiatives or internal projects;
- Raise and market the Finalyse image in the financial industry through publications in our Regbrief, participation in external conferences or networking events.
- You have an MA or MSc in econometrics, physics, mathematics, or applied economics with an academic track record in a quantitative field (PRM or FRM certification is a plus).
- Having a climate-related degree or certification is a plus (SCR).
- Have at least 2-3 years of experience in Financial Services in the banking sector.
- A first proven experience in climate risk management is a plus.
- You are familiar with banking products: retail and non-retail.
- You have an understanding of one or more of the following topics: climate risk, physical risk assessment, transition risk modelling and climate stress testing.
- You have a first hands-on experience in the following areas: model development or model validation, valuation models for financial instruments, etc.
- You are familiar with banking & insurance regulations (Basel III, Solvency II, IFRS9, IFRS17, FRTB, IRRBB, ...).
- You are familiar with specific packages like Matlab, SAS, R, Python or VBA.
- You are able to work autonomously in a result-oriented environment.
- You are open to travel inside Europe.
- You have good communication, writing and presentation skills in English.
- The opportunity to join a diverse, multinational, dynamic team of talented and passionate individuals with a broad range of analytical and technical skills.
- An excellent working environment with a space for defining your own specialization and career within our flat and flexible structure.
- The opportunity to take initiatives and responsibilities quickly in a fast growing company.
- Extensive training programs adapted to your personal needs, both on technical matters as well as on softs skills.
- Coaching and mentoring by more experienced colleagues.
- Flexible working arrangements - remote/hybrid work mode and 9/10 or 4/5 possible time schedules.
- Attractive remuneration package and extralegal benefits (health insurance, pension benefits, mobility package, etc.)
- Travel opportunities inside European countries.