Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration. The Role
As a Credit Risk Analyst, you will conduct in-depth analyses of companies seeking to partner with Ebury on foreign exchange forwards and short-term credit. This includes reviewing their financials, products, operations, and liquidity analysis. As an analyst, you will be expected to prepare credit reports with detailed analysis and recommendations.
For this position, we are looking for someone who can work well independently, because although you will have four direct Credit Risk colleagues based in Amsterdam, the home base of this position will be Brussels. In the beginning, you will be asked to travel to Amsterdam on occasion. Brussels is Ebury's small but versatile European headquarters, many staff departments including Compliance, Audit, Finance are represented here.
The full BeNeLux Credit Risk team consists of a Credit Risk Manager, who manages the department in terms of content, and four analysts. From a Credit Risk Analyst we expect you to support the team with your experience, propose and implement process improvements. In addition, you may eventually be given delegated authority credit limits. Responsibilities
- Review company finances, operations and trading cycles to understand the fundamental health of the business and inherent credit risk;
- Liaise with management of potential clients to further support analysis with qualitative information;
- Analysis of company structure, directors and their activities to understand fraud risk;
- Summarise and present analysis to executive during decision-making process;
- Monitoring the existing client portfolio and assessing requests from existing clients.
- 2-5 years' work experience in financial sector;
- You are independent but also willing to ask for help when needed;
- Fluent in Dutch, English, French;
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills;
- Clear, structured and concise communication style with the ability to explain complex concepts in a coherent manner;
- Willing to work in a results-oriented and international environment;
- Experience with Excel is essential, knowledge of VBA/Macros are desirable.
Enthusiastic? Apply now!
- Market-based salary including 13th month and holiday allowance;
- Discretionary bonus for good performance;
- Home working allowance
- Hospitalisation insurance
- Meal vouchers
- 25 holidays per year;
- Attention to personal growth with training and coaching;
- Opportunity to achieve CFA accreditation;
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities;
- Spacious and modern office in Brussels;
- Good work-life balance.
Do you recognise yourself in the text above? Then respond quickly via the 'Apply for this job' button! Do you have additional questions? Then our Recruiter Craig Hadlich (email@example.com) is ready to answer them for you. About Us Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.