*6-month contract with the view to extend* *Open budget - negotiable day rate* *Start date - ASAP*
We are looking for Data Engineers to create data pipelines, efficient storage structures in a data lake, powerful materialized views in different technologies, but also advanced visualizations or ways to put some data exchange points at disposal of the users. To some extent, you’ll also interact with other tools regarding governance, lineage, or quality.
- Implementing solutions with on-premise data technologies stack from Microsoft (SSIS, SSAS, and SQL Server)
- Implementing advanced solutions with Power BI (DAX, M language, Visualizations, …)
- Implementing data pipelines using Azure services such as Azure Databricks, but also to some extent Azure Data Factory, Azure Functions, Azure Stream Analytics, and Azure DevOps
- Implementing data pipelines or data enrichments with Python in a Databricks environment
- Open to learn and jump on new technologies (on the ones listed above, or also Neo4j, Apache Arrow, …)
- Able and willing to interact with business analysts and stakeholders to refine some requirements and also present the solution
- Able and willing to contribute to automated testing of the solution
- Able and willing to contribute to the documentation
The consultant should also be able to demonstrate non-technical skills:
- Communication skills allow you to facilitate workshops where you can act as a leader when necessary as well as coaching people on the job
And others such as:
- Language skills: fluent in German/French or Dutch AND fluent in English
- Able to challenge your interlocutors by leveraging your rational thinking, and no non-sense philosophy.
- Continuously look at data in a transversal way (no siloes), across the entire Enterprise, to maximize coherence, reuse and adoption.
- Track record of driving results through continuous improvement.
- Analytical approach to problem-solving and a track record of driving results through continuous improvement
- Team player breathing respect, open-mind, dare, challenge, innovation and one team for the customer.
- Enjoy sharing ideas with the team (or with other teams) and contribute to the product success.