Ebury is a hyper-growth FinTech firm, named in 2021 as one of the top FinTechs to work for by Glassdoor and AltFi. We offer a range of products including FX risk management, trade finance, currency accounts, international payments and API integration. About the role:
The Financial Controller in Belgium will report to the Group Financial Controller (Global) and Finance Director, and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a strong accounting and reporting framework for the Ebury EU consolidation in Belgium.
The role-holder will be responsible for the accuracy of the accounting records for the Belgium group under both Belgium GAAP as well as IFRS. In addition, this position will ensure the timely presentation of internal and external reporting, including annual financial statements, under both sets of accounting standards. Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Head of Group Performance Management will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare the monthly consolidated Belgium Group reporting packs, liaising with colleagues within Finance and other non-Finance areas to coordinate information required in line with deadlines.
- Present analysis and commentary for monthly financial results, identifying and coordinating information requirements from operating subsidiaries and branches.
- Refine the methodology for maintaining the secondary BE GAAP accounting ledger systematically.
- Implement a system of internal controls to ensure that information is accurate and consistent with underlying records.
- Establish and maintain proper branch accounting.
- Determine proper accounting treatment under BE GAAP and IFRS for new products and transactions.
- Liaise with and coach Finance colleagues to ensure efficient and effective processes across the teams, including month end close checklists, timetables and procedures.
- Develop capability within the team to use the Netsuite ledger system to maximum advantage, champion improvements within Finance and ensure the Finance team is using reporting and analysis functionality to its best effect
- Support the Group Financial Control team in the preparation of information required for entity statutory accounts for Group entities.
- Liaise directly with the external auditors from start to finish of the audit cycle
- Other ad hoc analysis and group reporting requirements.
- Develop relationships across the business, including sales, product, treasury and technology to deliver business insights
About Us Ebury is a FinTech success story, positioned among the fastest-growing international companies in its sector.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience; Big 4 audit experience preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting requirements in Belgium, including previous interactions with the NBB
- Group management accounting experience in multiple jurisdictions and cross-currencies
- A proven finance partner to the business
- Proactive internal stakeholder management skills, including liaising with non-finance functions including treasury, technology, product and regulatory reporting teams.
- Able to influence colleagues at all levels, and communicate governance, business risk and internal control issues in a clear and straightforward way
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions
- Be an analytical thinker who can focus on detail with a pragmatic outlook, able to lead debate and drive change whilst bearing in mind strategic requirements
- High adaptability - ability to cope with product, system and role and responsibility change in a rapidly growing company
- Experience in a regulated financial services environment with FX industry knowledge is preferred
Founded in 2009, we are headquartered in London and have more than 1300 staff with a presence in more than 20 countries worldwide. Cultural diversity is part of what makes Ebury a special place to be. From Sao Paulo to Dubai, Bucharest to Toronto, we enjoy sharing team experiences and celebrating success across the Ebury family.
Hard work pays off: in 2019, Ebury received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won internationally recognised awards including Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies.
None of this would have been possible without our proudest achievement: our great people. Enthusiastic, innovative and collaborative teams, always ready to disrupt and revolutionise the fast-paced FinTech sector.
We believe in inclusion. We stand against discrimination in all forms and have no tolerance for the intolerance of differences that makes us a modern and successful organisation. At Ebury, you can be whoever you want to be and still feel a sense of belonging no matter your story because we want you and your uniqueness to help write our future.
Please submit your application on the careers website directly, uploading your CV / resume in English.