Financial Restructuring Officer
For the Special Operations Department (investment projects at risk or - potentially non-performing assets) , BIO is currently looking for a (m/f) Financial Restructuring Officer. The mission of the BIO is to support a strong private sector in developing and/or emerging countries, to enable them to gain access to growth and sustainable development within the framework of the Sustainable Development Goals.
The role of Financial Restructuring Officer covers the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Actively managing debt projects at risk (non-performing loans or potentially non-performing loans) in the various sectors where BIO is active: project finance – financial sectors – SMEs.
• Propose actions to be undertaken to preserve BIO’s interests while guaranteeing long-term financial and developmental viability of the projects at risk. This involves close client contact, negotiating restructured terms- both bilateral or in larger lender groups- and/or develop exit strategies when needed.
• Participate in the monthly Special Operations Committee whose mandate is to supervise the projects at risk (proposal of strategies to be undertaken to BIO relevant authorities, and supervise implementation of action plans).
• Prepare waivers and Restructuring proposals to BIO’s Credit Committee or Investment Committee.
• Participate in the bi-monthly Watch List meeting where potential projects at risk are discussed together with the Portfolio Managers in charge of the project.
• Assist with ad hoc reporting on projects at risk to relevant BIO authorities.
• Master in Business Administration/Finance/Economics or related field
• Min. 5 years relevant experience in a credit and/or financial analysis role in the financial industry.
• Experience in developing markets and with recovery and restructuring processes are considered a pre.
• Pro-active attitude, excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Strong financial accounting and modelling skills
• Required language skills: English + at least one other EU language
• Good knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)