This is a rare opportunity to join a leading ESG company. The team looks for a young, bright and experienced ESG quant professional that has expertise in quantitative research. Close collaboration with the ESG team and portfolio management teams is a key responsibility in this role.
The role will include (but isn’t limited to):
- Upgrading and enhancing the current ESG analysis framework and allowing the ESG analysts to benefit from the newest quantitative data analytics and techniques requiring quantitative modelling and testing. The candidate will support the ESG team in enhancing Candriam ESG process through quantitative research both for corporates and sovereign issuers;
- Streamlining and automation of the process and methodology to efficiently deploy the framework across our whole ESG asset base into Candriam’s portfolio management systems,
- verify the quality of the data provided by the many data and service providers to which Candriam ESG team has access and making sure that data is smoothly integrated into the databases and investment tools used across Candriam;
- be a central point of contact for our sales, marketing and fund management departments when it relates to data analysis
- quant modelling with a desire to grow and produce leading ESG quant research and its relevance for asset pricing, spread modelling and valuation in equity and fixed income;
- the candidate will support the ESG team in the specific analysis of ESG impact indicators (such as carbon footprint and fossil fuel exposure) for the different Candriam’s funds and segregated accounts, assist in setting up dedicated ESG solutions for clients (RFP’s, research request, …), standard or tailor-made ESG reporting …
Required Skills & Competencies
- Master degree (or equivalent) in economics, finance, engineering, sciences, …
- Advanced degree in related field is an advantage.
- Adequate programing skills in VBA, SQL and either Matlab or Python (preferred);
- Prior experience in working with Factset and/or Bloomberg is a plus
- Aptitude for working with and manipulating data for analysis;
- Strong analytical skills with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
- Passionate about environmental, social and governance issues; -
- Team player and problem solver;
- Organized, methodical and pragmatic in his/her work;
- Native speaker English or Dutch (and highly proficient in English) or French (and highly proficient in English).
- Requirement of about 3 years of experience in quant research & analysis; prior involvement in ESG through analysis or fund management is an advantage
- Strong knowledge of asset pricing, risk modelling, financial markets analysis, valuation and, particularly, interested in ESG-related issues and how these impact the risk-return of fixed income and equity investments.