As a Responsible Employer, Equal Employment Opportunity is crucial to Candriam. We are committed to building the best global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. We provide an inclusive work environment and support well-being and work-life balance.
The position is on the Institutional Portfolio Management Team, responsible for managing the portfolios of institutional clients in Europe such as insurance companies and pension funds. The department comprises three portfolio management teams (equities, bonds and asset allocation), backed by an Investment Support Team.
Candriam is currently conducting multiple IT projects for the Front Office, aimed at recovering various portfolio data more efficiently and at better meeting growing client demand to incorporate ESG (Environment, Social, Governance) criteria.
We are looking for an applicant interested in helping the portfolio management teams as these projects are being completed and to provide investment support
For a period of 2 years:
- Assist IPM with the transition to the new tools that will be set up in the new architecture for the FO reporting tool. In particular, you will:
- Centralize the IPM business needs of all 4 teams
- Analyse & test the output delivered by IT
- Ensure smooth continuity of data & reporting needs through the implementation of new efficient solutions to replace current tools (for portfolio monitoring, internal and external meetings)
- Work with Portfolio Managers to develop automated and ad hoc solutions (portfolio management views, etc.)
- Coordinate IPM needs in close collaboration with other departments such as IT, Risk, Reporting, etc.
- Monitor, maintain and optimize the ESG database
- Help the Support Team perform operational tasks during periods of high activity and requests
- You hold an M.A. in Finance, Economics or IT, with an understanding of the financial markets and at least two years’ experience in a similar position or in the asset management field
- You have practical experience with MS Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and VBA; proficiency in Power BI (or another BI tool) and Python is a plus
- You are dynamic, meticulous and motivated
- You show initiative and work well with other departments (particularly IT) to see that projects are completed by their established deadline.
- You have excellent organisational skills and are detail-oriented
- You are proficient in English
- You are keenly interested in the financial markets and boast extensive knowledge of the bond and equity markets