Junior Full-Stack software Engineer
Junior Full Stack Software Engineer
Are you a graduate interested in engineering modern businesses to improve everyday life of our clients' customers? Are you interested to join us and help us to build up an engineering culture?
Our Digital Engineering practice is responsible for helping our clients leverage next generation software in order to engage their customers more directly, easily and precisely by developing production ready applications at record speed. Cloud technology gives Biz-IT teams' unfettered access to technology to modernize and build core IT applications faster. We leverage cloud technologies, seamlessly marrying it with human insights & behaviors to develop solutions that not only uncover consumers' wants and desires today, but also predict their behavior and requirements in the future.
As a Graduate in Digital Engineering, you will be responsible for using modern software development techniques and to develop and modernize apps which meet customers' needs. Typical day-to-day responsibilities will include the below: Key Responsibilities
- Cloud Native development in Java or .NET
- Full Stack Development
- Building and deploying modern software using techniques such as DDD, TDD, CI/CD; this makes the teams autonomous and helps driving business value delivery as soon as possible
- Design and implement event driven cloud native microservices architecture using cloud runtime platforms like Cloud Foundry and native cloud solutions in AWS and Azure (Fargate, Lambda, Functions, and Containers).
- Design and implement fault tolerant microservices using Spring boot and Spring cloud - service versioning, reuse, discovery, configuration, security, monitoring
- End to end solution delivery, responsible for designing solutions, writing code, tests cases, executing test cases, automating build, test and deployment, environment provisioning and configuration
- Overall delivery of software components working in collaboration with product and architecture teams
- Collaborate with Business Analysts and Product Owners to help define and shape deliverables, provide estimates, highlight technical risks and determine technical solutions
- Ensure focussed understanding of key areas of the product and related technologies within the team
- Help promote innovation, best in class execution and exploration of new ideas as a culture
- DevOps approach: you build it, you run it. Add automation to most of the operation tasks by means of CI/CD pipelines and monitor production.
Training, Support and Coaching:
- Collaborate with other technology and product teams to ensure integrated end-to-end design
- Active participation in the Agile ceremonies and contribute to the overall functioning of self-organised, empowered, high performance team
- Research, learn new methodologies and technologies and implement them in the project to continuously improve and optimize design, code, build, deploy, test lifecycle
- Collaborate and actively contribute in discussions to help define technology and development approach within the team
- Engage in a continuous everything culture: community think & act; learn; accelerate, suggest and adopt change.
Skills and competencies
- Prior to starting your client engagement, you will attend a full Induction and Training Program for graduates where you will learn everything about Modern Software Development. This training program is made to fit your starting point and learning speed.
- Throughout your first 18 months, we will monitor your progress and offer coaching, training and support to help you achieve your long-term career goals. In addition to your day-to-day project manager, we will assign a mentor to ensure all the help and support you need to start your career on the best footing.
- As soon as we can, we will assign you to a client engagement to work with experienced Cognizant associates delivering technology solutions, as we would like to ensure that you get practical working experience from the beginning.
- You will become part of the Digital Engineering 'Full Stack Engineer Java / .NET' community and enjoy working together with other Engineers in order to learn, share knowledge and sharpen your skills.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer or Industrial Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business & IT or other related specialisms
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with global project teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (Dutch and English)
- Candidates must have the ability to work and travel in the UK and Europe without restriction.
- A career in one of the largest and fastest growing IT services provider worldwide
- A comprehensive training program
- A challenging international environment
- Opportunity to work for large multinationals and other leading companies
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps many of the best-known organizations in every industry and geography envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 193 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.
In the Benelux the headquarters are in Amsterdam and Brussels.
In addition to the Collaboratory as digital innovation centers in New York, Amsterdam, London and Melbourne, Cognizant has established a Digital Studio in the Kauwgomballenfabriek in Amsterdam. In these physical locations, we work together with customers and partners on innovative digital solutions through in-depth human insights, building minimum viable products and implementing them on a large scale at companies. Cognizant has strengthened its digital capabilities globally with the acquisition of leading digital agencies like Mirabeau, Zone, Idea Couture, Netcentric and Mustache.
Visit us online at www.cognizant.com or follow us on Twitter: Cognizant.