Credendo is a leading European Credit insurance company, fueled by a multinational force of 520 professionals. Active in fifteen European countries, we serve local and international clients from all around the world. Even though we are rapidly growing, we strive to preserve the soul of a human-sized company in the way we interact with each other from top to bottom.
As a member of the legal team at Credendo Head Office, you will provide legal assistance on a wide range of issues related to international transactions and to export credit insurance. Your responsibilities will be:
- Managing claim files related to export transactions or buyer credits financing such exports on a worldwide basis and in many different jurisdictions and sectors of the economy. You have frequent contacts with exporters, banks, embassies and external advisers. You are involved in and negotiate international debt restructurings.
- Advising on a broad range of legal matters, mainly in the field of company, insolvency and (re)insurance law, always in an international context. Stakeholders are the management, the other departments of the company and the clients.
- Monitoring the regulatory environment in which Credendo operates. You respond to legal and structural changes, making a significant contribution to the group strategy. You are also involved in upgrading or shaping new insurance or funding products.
- You have a Master's degree in law, ideally supplemented with additional training in finance or business law. You have at least 3 years professional experience as a company lawyer, lawyer, etc.
- You have excellent knowledge of French (mother tongue level) and a good knowledge of English and Dutch.
- You are highly communicative (orally and in writing) and able to convince others.
- You are business-oriented and drawn to the financial aspects of all international trade transactions.
- You like working autonomously and show team spirit. You are flexible and able to deal with a variety of interlocutors (national and international).
- You are willing to travel occasionally.
- A full-time permanent contract in a stable, multilingual and international environment.
- A job with many social contacts and variety.
- Continuous learning opportunities to develop your talents.
- An attractive salary supplemented by a number of fringe benefits (meal vouchers, hospitalisation and group insurance, flex reward plan, teleworking, etc.).
- Our Belgian offices are located in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport.