The Belgium Middle Office, based in Brussels, comprises two entities with a total of about 25 employees. Its operating scope includes SICAV funds, dedicated funds, and insurance, institutional and private mandates. It handles matching and settlement of transactions, reconciles cash and securities positions (including the monitoring of corporate actions & income, etc.), monitors the Proxy Voting process, processes administrative and operational flows of mandates and funds. All of which is essential to the smooth operation of the company, from both an internal and external standpoint. The MO Officer will have a temporary contract of 12 months.
The Middle Office takes part in various cross-disciplinary projects. These include organizing and following up on projects to analyze and implement new cash flows (new financial instruments, new counterparties, etc.), and constantly enhancing Straight Through Processing.
The Middle Office Trade Processing Office (5-person team) has multiple duties:
- Real time processing of transactions executed by Candriam fund managers, with confirmation notices received from counterparties, and transmission to depositary banks for settlement and/or fund administrators for incorporation in net asset values and oversight of pending orders;
- Proactive oversight of transaction settlement/delivery on the market in conjunction with depositary banks and counterparties;
- Monitoring of counterparty activity and operational quality;
- Straight-through-processing continuous improvement;
- Procedural development and updates.
Required Skills & Competencies
- Soft skills : He/She is an analytical, rigorous ( strongly risk awareness oriented ), assertive, autonomous, and results-driven team player and self-starter who constantly seeks ways to enhance existing processes;
- He/She performs well in stressful situations;
- He/She holds a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree with a major in finance or economics or similar experience;
- Middle Office experience in Asset Management is a plus;
- He/She holds knowledge of Front-to-Back flows for different types of financial instruments ( Equity, Bond, Forex, Money Market,ETD,.. );
- He/She is proficient with SWIFT messages. Knowledge Omgeo tools (CTM/Alert) flow is a plus;
- He/She is highly skilled in English, French and Dutch.