Mapping city/Country expert
The team works on keeping Maps Data current and reflective of real world changes. They work on issues submitted by end users of Maps or tests the location results of user queries submitted via Web Search or Maps interface.
The Mapping City/Country Expert will be responsible for high impact work in improving city transit data and providing country specific expertise. The City/Country Expert will be responsible for developing and maintaining transit data pipelines and establishing the ground truth in the city/country they work. Role & Responsibilities as City Expert
Experience / Skills
- Communicating with internal stakeholder teams and external companies to achieve project goals.
- Create city level transit data modeling policies based on the market needs and local regulations.
- Identify transit user expectations, broken critical user journeys, data gaps and provide insights to the product.
- Leverage local familiarity with regional urban transit systems and expertise to Identify patterns and systematic data problems or gaps in transit data and make changes in the data model to improve and solve the issues.
- Validate quality of new and updated data in the data management platform.
- Make necessary edits for all transit data types.
- Field escalations of complex or edge-case data issues from internal teams and resolve appropriately including creating bugs for external teams.
- Assist Program Managers to communicate with the partner/provider about required data fixes or inform about problematic data areas.
- Conduct in city field research to determine the ground truth of transit issues and user problems.
- Develop outages and alerts capabilities in their assigned city.
- Manage city specific data pipelines through the transit data management platform, including updating pipelines using basic programming skills.
- 1 year - 3 years of experience
- Graduate or equivalent experience
- Good Communication skills in English and native local language (French or Dutch)
- Technological savviness - with basic programing skills (java, C#, C++ and Python).
- Proficiency in GIS mapping tools and SME with deep knowledge of the city /country's transit/traffic network .
- Knowledge of traffic laws, landmarks, political modeling and key mapping features of the city/country
- Comfortable with a rapidly-changing environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and excellent attention to detail