Oracle DBA specialist
The ONSITE profile is part of the team. He should be able to cover the full scope of the team. We are looking for a senior technical profile. On top of that the ONSITE profile has a number of extra tasks to cover.
Major tasks and core competences for ONSITE position: Most important focus is on operating as "linking-pin" between the offshore team in India and the KBC organization.
Although the ONSITE profile will not primarily focus on RUN activities, in situations of critical or high impact incidents where KBC customers or KBC stakeholders are impacted, the ONSITE profile will need to manage and perform all reporting, explanation and communication tasks. It is therefore important that the ONSITE profile has thorough technical expertise on all RUN activities. We are looking for a person with the right technical expertise to - when required - he can quickly dive into the content and can work together with the offshore team on the solution and is able to coordinate towards the KBC organization. As a senior technical profile, the ONSITE profile will also work on the more complex CONTINUITY scope (all small/large changes/enhancements) and when required also coordinate these implementations at onsite, report/communicate to KBC stakeholders, developers and BI Community and explain/guide them on the changes that are coming their way. He should have excellent level of technical expertise to work together with the offshore team on this scope. Larger TRANSFORM topics (larger and more complex changes/transformations to our service and product catalogue) are out of scope of the managed service but will always be implemented via a to be defined separate project team. After implementation phase these transform topics will be transferred into the scope of the managed service. Because of this, it is very likely that members of the managed service team will participate in the project team. In this case the ONSITE profile will also participate in the project team. We expect the ONSITE profile to coordinate these project implementations at onsite, report/communicate to KBC stakeholders, developers and BI Community and explain/guide them on the changes that are coming their way. Key Responsibilities
- Strong communication skills with profound English.
- Strong collaboration and empathic skills to come to E2E solutions.
- Strong assertive skills to operate in a large organization and to easily and quickly build up professional relationships.
- Strong technical expertise on Oracle DBA and the infrastructure it is using to explain and discuss/agree on proposals/solutions with KBC stakeholders.
- Understand the KBC ECO system
- ability to quickly acquire new knowledge in all underlying and supporting infrastructure systems (storage, UAC,Centrify,...).
- implement the security mechanisms available at KBC.
- how the KBC stakeholders use our tools and services.
Job Requirements Essential Skills:
- You do all actions that are necessary to keep the environment up and running (daily checks, proactive actions in case of technical changes in datacenter, ...)
- Follow up security recommendations (proactively and reactively) and minimize the operational risk
- You help the concerned teams with their operational issues : performance investigations, database stability, ...
- You are responsible to maintain all oracle frameworks developed by KBC. Those frameworks are used to perform oracle management and are written in Perl.
- You work in the ecosystem of KBC, which means you have to deal with all systems interfacing with the Oracle database (Centrify, UAC, Cyberark, VMWare, ...)
- You are, together with the team, responsible for the life cycle management of the Oracle products. For the Oracle server package this includes : building, testing, rollout (using Bladelogic), communications, follow up Oracle version updates. For the end point packages this means describing the requirements to the end point packaging team, testing and following up package version updates.
- You are responsible for the backups and recovery of all data on the Oracle servers managed by the team
- You participate in projects, on technical or application level. We work in a SAFe (scaled agile framework) context , the changes are planned during PI planning. For projects on application level, you provide the necessary expert knowledge to the application team. This can include : best practices to configure the oracle system, support in the queries provided by the application team
- You are responsible for all actions necessary to perform capacity management.
- You help the application teams with their performance issues. This may include : investigate performance issues, propose concrete actions to the application teams, support the team to build performant queries, ..
- You participate in the DRP exercises and do the necessary actions as required by the general DRP scenario.
- Follow up the market and evolutions of the Oracle Databases, together with the System Architect and Product Owner
Nice to Have Skills
- Sound knowledge of Oracle
- Active Perl knowledge : the ability to read, understand and debug existing code as well as write new code.
- Experience with performance troubleshooting
- Knowledge of the following components
- SQL Plus
- ODBC JDBC
- SQL Developer
Travel required YES
- You have some experience in
- Linux (working knowledge)
- It is added value when you have knowledge of the following products