Principal, Program & Project Management
- Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to internal client specifications. May allocate/coordinate work within projects.
The Business Project Management Office (BPMO) provides a response vehicle supporting the Executive Committee of The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV ("BNYM SA/NV") in meeting its changing and challenging business and regulatory requirements and priorities. The BPMO projects are prioritized by the Executive Committee and a fit-for-purpose project artifacts methodology is being applied. The BPMO project manager will work closely with senior stakeholders and subject matter experts, including Executive Committee members.
Accountable to executive sponsors for schedule, budget and quality of project elements. Acts as the communications conduit to executive sponsors, project and program steering committees, as well as legal entity governance committees.
Lead, manage and oversee end-to-end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, meetings and workshops organization, issue/risk identification and tracking, scope management, stakeholders' management, and other project documentation preparation.
Report and escalate progress/issues/goal deviations to management.
Work with all required functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project and, where required, coordinate resources across organizational boundaries.
Where applicable, support the business partners in producing the deliverables of the project.
Support the regulatory on-site inspections and investigations, as well as any investigation and reporting required to meet external auditor expectations.
Work in close collaboration with the 3 Lines of Defense.
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures.
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness.
- Promptly follow-up on any regulatory breach and significant business issues.
- Comply with health and safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
Business specific knowledge and competencies:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience in business management or related field is required.
- 5+ years of experience in the Financial Services sector
- 5+ years of work experience in Project Management preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Prince2 certification is preferred.
- The BPMO project manager is not only a project manager, but, where it is applicable, he/she will also be expected to play a business support role and demonstrate business analysis skills. He/she will support the business partners in producing the deliverables of the project. In that respect, the BPMO team is composed of project management professionals that are also equipped with business and knowledge skills like Risk Management, Operations and Finance for instance. Abilities will include gathering of key and relevant information (covering a range of financial products and diverse business processes, but also spanning across multiple locations and jurisdictions), clearly documenting the information captured, driving out viable solutions and gaining consensus on the final solution.
BPMO projects often relate to regulatory deliverables and on-site inspections. The BPMO project manager will face the need to deliver high-quality deliverables within tight regulatory-driven deadlines. Knowledge of regulatory/governance framework within the financial sector is welcome.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Primary Location:
- First class communication, negotiation and networking skills,
both verbal and written in English, especially towards Senior Stakeholders, Auditors (internal and external) and regulators/supervisors.
- Proficient with MS Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, My Share, Visio)
- Client/Stakeholder Focus
- Organizing Ability
- Sense of Urgency
- Driving for Results
- Problem Solving Skills
- Very Strong Detail Orientation
- Ability to work in a confidential environment
- Developing Partnerships
Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels Job:
General Mgmt / Admin Internal Jobcode:
EMEA Area Management-HR06761 Requisition Number: