Senior Legal FM Lawyer
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique Bruxelles Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 25 sept. 18 2018-09-25
Senior Legal FM Lawyer
Senior Financial Markets Lawyer
CDI, 100%, Brussels
Your role & work environment
You will be assisting the Capital Markets and the Financial Markets teams to provide financing and hedging solutions for a wide variety of clients in Belgium and abroad from a legal and documentation perspective.
You will become part of a highly skilled and supportive Legal Financial Markets team while enjoying a varied and extensive breadth of work. You will support clients seeking to obtain funding through capital markets (both debt and equity) as well as clients seeking to hedge some of their positions with derivatives.
Your key responsibilities
Act as a senior negotiator and structurer of funding transactions and securitised derivatives :
- advice, negotiate, review and structure the documentation relating to debt capital markets transactions in several jurisdictions for both clients and ING issuances, including commercial paper, medium term notes, covered bonds and retail bonds
- advice, negotiate, review and structure the documentation relating to equity capital markets transactions in Belgium (IPO, SPO, OPA,...)
- advice, review and structure the documentation relating to structured notes/securitised derivatives distributed in the private banking and retail network
Act as a partner to the business
- provide real-time legal advice in respect of regulatory issues, business initiatives and projects in collaboration with sales, compliance and risk department
- follow-up on new developments in the international and European legislations on relevant matters and communicate on those topics with internal clients
- maintain contacts with the principal stakeholders (clients, regulators, law firms,...)
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making ithappen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Senior Financial Markets Lawyer you will also need:
- A Master's degree in law
- A relevant experience (between seven and ten years) in negotiating debt and equity capital markets transactions
- Preferrably fluent in French and Dutch and a good working knowledge of English
- To be a dynamic team player, a good negotiator and stress resistant
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- challenging projects & a steep learning curve
- an international environment
- the possibility to have a short term assignment in another ING location
- the possibility to participate in courses and trainings
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!