Sustainable Finance Lead BeLux
- Bruxelles, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgique
- CDI, Plein-temps
- 20 janv. 19
Sustainable Finance Lead BeLux
Sustainable Finance Lead Belux
Wholesale Banking | Management/Expert |
Department: Wholesale Banking Belux / Lending
Manager: Head of Lending Belux (hierarchical - Brussels) and Global Lead Sustainable Finance (functional - Amsterdam)
Your role & work environment:
Are you passionate about social and environmental sustainability? Do you believe that sustainable business is the future? A growing number of major companies have adopted sustainable business strategies to ensure their long term profitability. As a result, new sectors are emerging and business models are developing that require creative financial solutions. Companies are looking for banks which will finance their transitions towards sustainability. This provides ING with solid business opportunities which are profitable and contributes to a sustainable global economy.
We receive high rankings in sustainability indexes and we are considered a leader for our integrated approach of sustainable business. The Sustainable Finance team is growing and provides sustainable financing solutions to clients through its regional hubs in Amsterdam, and Singapore. To drive the business further in the Belux region we are establishing a dedicated team [DK1] based in Brussels. The new (virtual) team will lead the sustainable business for existing and potential clients within the region.
We are seeking to recruit an entrepreneurial professional who would enjoy setting up a new team, demonstrating our global capabilities across all products and sectors, to open a new market and accelerate potential across the region.
Your key responsibilities:
- You will set up a (virtual) team Sustainability Ambassadors within Wholesale Banking Belux (incl MidCorps) to operate with agility and lead collaboratively.
- You will expertly execute the global sustainable finance strategy into the local market and as such will craft marketing & sales plans, identify growth opportunities (on green bonds, green lending) and groundbreaking sustainable markets.
- You will drive innovations in new sustainable finance products and structures to solve real issues.
- You will be responsible together with other client facing teams (Sectors, Diversified, CS&A, DCM, Lease, WCS, Global Sustainable Finance team, ...) to originate & execute sustainable deals.
- You will (help) build and manage relations wrt Sustainability with clients a.o. at C- & Board level and Head CSR.
- Furthermore you will act as face to the market wrt Sustainable Finance. As such you will build & manage relations with experts, advisors and industry/finance & governmental bodies enabling you to be an active advocate in external conferences, roundtables and associations & increase credibility towards clients.
- You will improve and build ING's profile in sustainable business initiatives for employees, clients, peers, and other partners.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As Sustainable Finance Lead you will also need :
- Client focus: support better business for our clients as 'sustainable business is better business'
- Experience in sales: You have a minimum of 10 years of commercial experience (ideally both financial transactions experience in structured finance, debt capital markets, credit analysis and/or deal structuring, and sustainability related roles) with minimum 5 years of active client-facing front-office experience. Experience with sustainability-related transactions is a plus.
- Leadership experience: able to mobilize the organization in a collaborative spirit
- A good network within ING Wholesale Banking Belux and/or external stakeholders wrt sustainable development
- A master degree holder in Business/Finance or other relevant disciplines (additional sustainability related academic background a positive)
- You are fluent in Dutch, French & English (verbal and written).