This individual will be part of the Infrastructure Services Operations Support team in the MIT group. The role will also interact daily with users from all business lines with a specific focus on BvD users and EMEA locations, and all levels of seniority to resolve Infrastructure issues, and to provide any necessary support required to the user.
This role is responsible the day to day logistics and operations of the various components and Infrastructure Operations Management) in the IT Infrastructure environment (Server (Linux and Windows), Core Infra Applications like AD/DNS/DHCP, Messaging etc with a basic understanding of Storage, Virtualization, vBlock, Network and Telecom). The candidate must be highly motivated and have a proven track record of innovation, vendor oversight and governance, execution, delivery, customer focus, and be highly skilled in IT operations management. Responsibilities:
- Providing support for Infrastructure users with a specific across multiple geographic regions and the global MIT Infrastructure Operations Support team members.
- Lead the IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) vendor operational governance and oversight by leveraging industry best practices to deliver best in quality service.
- Lead the coordination with the vendor partners and Help Desk to establish best practices and improve performance of incident and request handling (queue management, SLO/A review, trend analysis, escalation management etc).
- Lead governance meetings with the business sponsors to develop a plan for continuous service improvement.
- Ensuring High Availability of Infra Services with Minimal Service Disruption through proactive Incident and Problem Management.
- Acting as a subject matter expert on Moody's business processes and systems and interface between all Infrastructure users, Infra and production support and Development teams.
- Prioritizing Infrastructure incidents, requests and problems as needed, to maximize the output of the IaaS Support team.
- Identifying long term trends, prioritize RCA queues and working with IaaS management to improve overall services for end users and business leveraging best in class metrics.
- Implement automation to achieve year on year efficiency by faster fulfilment of requests and improved service restoration during incidents.
- Providing up-to-date statuses to all stakeholders including senior management on incidents and requests across all Infrastructures components and layers.
- Collaborate with other cross functional teams to ensure ongoing and effective communication with the business and build on relationship management with business groups
- Reviewing Root Cause Analysis documents and sharing them with the IaaS engineering teams.
- Increase executive sponsor ship to greater visibility into IT operation through daily/weekly/monthly health dashboards
- Follow-The-Sun support model for Infrastructure support operations
- BS degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- Graduate degree in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of solid, diverse work experience in IT Operations including experience in Technology Operations / Infrastructure supporting technology towers like IT Infrastructure environment (Server (Linux and Windows), Core Infra Applications like AD/DNS/DHCP, Messaging (o365) etc with a basic understanding of Storage, Virtualization, vBlock, Network and Telecom.
- Vendor oversight experience in the management of onshore, near shore and offshore teams is required
- Strong customer focus and follow-up skills are necessary.
- Must be well-organized, with superior relationship-building and IT vendor management skills.
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to understand business issues and translate them to IT Operational priorities
- Demonstrated ability to achieve professional goals in a dynamic team environment with overlapping, yet distinct business objectives.
- Excellent communication, organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills to work effectively with clients, peers, IT management, staff and vendors.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- The ability to stay up to date on trends and developments within functional area of expertise and the industry.
- Must demonstrate accountability, sound decision making, analytical thoroughness, and the ability to work well with other team members.
- Willingness to work on call and be available during off business hours and weekends to support critical Operational issues
- Willingness to learn, a can do attitude, and motivated to succeed and grow.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.