Technical Support Manager
Job Description This is a new and challenging position within the End User Services team of Infrastructure Services. Infrastructure Services leads all aspects of the company's global engineering, service management, network, branch office delivery, end user services and delivery of hosting, environment management and production support services. We support over 200 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a management role responsible for end user support of the Bureau Van Dijk estate including specified Moody's locations. This position involves a high degree of exposure, working in conjunction with our operations, engineering, AV support teams and business partners.
Moody's acquired Bureau Van Dijk and is responsible for providing support for the 30+ locations. In 2019, the end users will be migrated to Moody's end user solutions requiring our team to provide support for the migration. We are in the process of building the supporting infrastructure and planning the end user migration. The End User Support team is responsible for operational support of all end user end points globally. Functions include Global Desktop Support Services, A/V and Event Management Services, Enterprise Mobility Management, Collaboration Services and Managed Print Services. This team executes processes and projects, and operates a multitude of technologies in support of these services. Primary Responsibilities
- Leads teams responsible for the delivery of End User Services for a region, large office and multiple small offices.
- Manages individual contributors at a peer level.
- Relationship management and oversight of multiple partners, vendors and managed services providers, holding them accountable to service levels and deliverables.
- Liaises with regional, location, line of business and IT management within area of responsibility.
- Supervises projects in his/her designated area and is able to provide business and technical leadership for End User Services issues.
- Handles escalations of operational issues in a timely manner with appropriate level of communication
- Provides mentoring and acts as a role-model to junior staff members within the End User Services teams.
- Metrics management including KPIs related to ticket volumes, end-to-end ownership, effectiveness of service, CSAT and MTTR.
- Leadership of staff, including coaching, performance evaluations, career development and training.
- Understanding and hands-on experience in several general IT and specific End User Services areas.
- Knowledge of innovations and industry trends of the areas related to End User Services.
- Solid understanding of customer service and end user operations issues.
- The ability to facilitate problem solving and collaboration across support teams.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and adherence of operational SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same
- Reporting for the operations teams including metrics management and adherence to defined SLOs
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
- Recommend adoption of new technologies and work on testing and deployment plans
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Equivalent area of study
- Minimum 8 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area
- Recent experience managing technical teams responsible for IT related functions including operations, end user services and customer service;
- Direct responsibility for employee performance management including goal setting.
- Ability to interact directly with customers and key business stakeholders that do not have an IT background.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and French.
- Ability to create and give tailored presentations to a broad range of audiences.
- Ability to create and maintain accurate and detailed guidelines and procedures.
- Provide expert advice on areas of responsibility.
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.