Position Type :
Full time Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education) Education Desired :
Bachelor of Engineering Travel Percentage :
1 - 5%
The world of finance moves fast. At FIS, we're faster. Our teams are empowered to learn, grow, and make an impact-in their careers and communities. We deliver innovation that advances the way the world pays, banks and invests. If you want to grow personally and professionally, we'd like to know: Are you FIS?
#LI-FD1 About the role:
You will be involved in researching, prototyping and productizing new & innovative financial technology solutions. This work can result into the creation of new products or improvements to existing products. You will lead the development of new reactive micro services-based systems. About the team:
You'll be part of the development team in the payment solutions software architecture. What you will be doing:
What you will need:
- Take part in the agile project organization using scrum (soon SAFE)
- Be versatile and willing to work cross-functionally
- Help to clarify requirements
- Make technical designs
- Ready to be hands on and be ready to implement (complex parts of) these designs
- Liaise with functional analysts and/or architects to understand the needs.
- Define, own and defend the groundwork of a growing product or framework meant to be used by many
- Keep up with product quality, features, policies & security on the long term
- Expertise with end-to-end systems development life cycles and a background leading large projects.
- Five or more years in a distributed and heterogeneous computing environment, working with relational or hierarchical databases.
Soft skills Required:
- Team player
- Communicative / evangelist
- Quick learner
- Problem solver
- Quality minded
- See the big picture & anticipate the (improper) usage of software you design
- Attention to details and ability to review & assess peer designs
- Familiarity with banking and payments through professional experience or personal interest is required.
- Social and mobile banking apps are part of your daily life.
- Framework development - your code will be extended by other developers
Required technology skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Java Standard Edition
- Reactive distributed concurrent programming
- Using java and AKKA
- Stateful micro services design using actors
- Event sourcing, CQRS, eventual consistency
- Relational database: Oracle, Postgres
- Designing Restful API's using jersey and Swagger & Open API
- Automated Software testing best practices using Mockito, cucumber, etc.
- Build tools: maven
- Familiarity with CI/CD, Jenkins
- Docker containers
- Experience designing and implementing applications in a shared service bureau environment.
- Proficiency in solutions design and requirements definition disciplines leveraging model driven design-based tools and techniques.
- A bachelor's in computer science or engineering,
- Master's degree
- >5 years' experience software development
- Fluent in English written and spoken
Nice to have technology skills
- Performance & memory profiling
- OWASP, secure coding practices
- Container orchestration: Kubernetes
- NoSQL databases: Cassandra, MongoDB
- BPMN 2.0
- Java 17
- Java Enterprise Edition
- IaaS: Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Engine
Message queuing: Kafka, Websphere MQ, ActiveMQ, What we offer you:
At FIS, we hire the best. In return, you receive exceptional benefits including:
- • Opportunities to innovate in fintech
- • Tools for personal and professional growth
- • Inclusive and diverse work environment
- • Resources to invest in your community
- • Competitive salary and benefits
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice . Sourcing Model
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.