Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Korea Consumer, Analyst/ Associate, Seoul
Global Investment Research, Equity Research, Korea Consumer, Analyst - Seoul YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Korea Consumer sector team in Seoul, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients. OUR IMPACT
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL:
- Provide integral support to single stock or thematic research teams
- Build, maintain and update company forecasts and valuation models
- Conduct market share, macro trend, and cross company and sub sector data analysis
- Work closely with Content Management Group to ensure timely publication of research reports
- Prepare and produce insightful company specific projects
- Perform statistical analysis of economic data, fundamentals, and relevant correlations of the data
- Listen to and produce briefing notes on companies
- Conference calls and analyst briefings
- Attend morning calls and contribute as necessary
- Update monthly reports, marketing books, and daily valuation sheets
- Respond to ad hoc requests from clients, sales and traders
- Attend client meetings with their senior analyst in Korea (or other offices if possible)
- Comparable business/financial/consulting work experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and creative skills
- Ability to work/conduct independently and with limited supervision
- Meticulous attention to detail, strong analytical and organizational skills
- Strong ability to perform financial statement, business and valuation analysis
- Demonstrated ability to think laterally and exercise good judgment
- Self-starter attitude with high level of enthusiasm for equity research.
- Natural curiosity, critical thinking, logical thinking
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity