We are working with a leading French bank (sell-side) that is looking to hire an experienced G10 (or European) Rates Strategist to be part of their successful Rates Strategy team in Paris.
G10 Rates Strategist
We are working with a leading French bank (sell-side) that are looking to hire an experienced G10 (or European) Rates Strategist to be part of their successful Rates Strategy team in Paris.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience covering G10 (or just European) Rates and SSAs, as well as a strong macro background and a thorough understanding of how to analyse the fundamentals of government bonds.
In this role, the focus will be on trade idea generation (very important) and producing market-leading research, both for clients as well as the sales & trading desk. Client base is wide – HFs, Real Money, Corporates, Treasuries.
In terms of trade idea generation, the focus will be on SSAs and Rates. This person will sit directly with Sales & Trading, which is a key selling point for this role and there will be a lot of regular interaction.
It is important is that the candidate must be fluent in English, as many internal interactions and most client interactions are in English.
What will be the main output/responsibilities of this person:
- Ongoing trade idea generation across European Rates markets + SSAs
- Regular client interaction to discuss market views
- Generating value-added trade ideas, market views and economic analysis that should be useful for the trading desks, as well as clients of the bank.
- Extensive analysis of interest rate markets (EGBs, SSAs - Cash, swaps) to provide clients and internal teams with market views/insights and actionable trade recommendations via face-to-face meetings and written publications.
- Writing and marketing (internally and externally) written reports on Rates Strategy views, with a particular focus on European Rates and/or broader G10 rates.
- Leveraging themes, data models/analysis and trade ideas created by strategist colleagues globally.
- Working in conjunction with Sales & Trading to generate trade ideas
- Helping the trading desk with risk positioning
- Drive the integration of Strategy & Research products across the different regions globally
- Acting as a spokesperson for the global strategy team views, ideas and insights regarding global markets
- Ideally 5 years’ experience
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of government bonds, with a particular expertise on the European and/or G10 Rates space
- Strong idea generation experience across European Rates, SSAs, Cash, Swaps
- Existing experience in managing risk-on macro trades
- A good understanding of key macro & thematic drivers across asset classes
- Strong knowledge of economics and statistics
- A team-player
- 8 people in Paris (including the new hire):
- Head of the team: Head of Markets Research & Fixed Income
- Other team members include another Rates Strategist, as well as FX Strategists, Cross-Asset Strategist, and Economists