Risk Management Group (RMG) is responsible for the development and maintenance of risk management and internal control frameworks. We provide independent review and challenge to business to ensure that appropriate balance is considered in risk/return decisions. In addition, RMG is responsible for the monitoring and reporting on key risk issues of the Bank. To manage risk effectively and deliver strong financial performance, we invest significantly in our people and infrastructure. Responsibility
- Formulate, review, and update local operational resilience policies, guidelines, processes, and procedures including crisis management.
- Initiate, manage and execute risk governance, internal controls, and processes with the overall objective of operational resilience management, control awareness and enhancement to operational efficiency.
- Maintain oversight and monitoring of the operational risk management system and the quality of the generated operational loss data
- Perform both qualitative and quantitative monitoring and reporting of the AI's exposure to operational risk and resilience, including trend analysis of risk profiles against risk appetite statement and review of the limits of operational resilience, regulatory and economic capital
- Perform 2nd line of defense operational risk and resilience monitoring duties i.e., review adequacy of controls performed by 1st line to manage operational resilience
- Report to senior management the completed operational risk and resilience assessments , monitor the ongoing progress of remedial actions by 1st line of defense
- Design and set standards on operational resilience reports, dashboards, and metrics for management reporting
- Undertake scenario analysis/assessment to identify potential operational resilience threats to the bank.
- Analyze and challenge the self-assessment results and risk management actions undertaken by 1st line of defense Business and Support Units
- Provide advisory support to BU/SUs on operational risk related issues/matters and drive process reviews/deep dives in collaboration with other Subject matter experts / 2nd line of defense.
- Provide operational risk review and signoff on local New Product Approvals and non-IT outsourcing activities pertaining to Operational Risk.
- Undertake consistent liaison and collaboration with relevant Risk Subject Matter Experts such as legal and compliance, human resources, IT, Fraud, Outsourcing, Business Continuity Management, Change Management, Data Risk Management and Finance on operational risk and resilience related matters
- Promote positive risk culture and risk awareness across the Bank
- Conduct training sessions on operational risk and resilience across the Bank, including content review and training delivery
- Degree holder (or equivalent) in Finance or business-related discipline.
- Minimum 7 years of working experience in a financial institution with at least 3 years working in operational risk management/ enterprise risk management with operational resilience or business continuity management experience.
- Sound knowledge of HK regulatory requirements related to Operational Risk / Operational Resilience / Internal Controls.
- Experience in at least one banking business segment (e.g., Consumer Banking, Wealth Management, Institutional Banking, Treasury & Markets, Securities) with related in-depth process / product knowledge.
- Strong persuasive power in putting ideas across and ability to communicate with people of different levels.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.