Job description Some careers have more impact than others
If you’re looking for a career where you can make a real impression, join HSBC and discover how valued you’ll be. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Our Markets business is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It combines sophisticated 24- hour global coverage with a detailed knowledge of local markets. Our services are offered both online and offline in more than 60 countries and territories worldwide. We specialise in foreign exchange, credits and rates, structured derivatives, equities and debt, equity and equity-linked capital markets.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Algo Quant Developer
. Principal Responsibilities
- Continuously developing the suite of global execution algo’s in Scala and Java based on client requests as well as new quant model improvements
- Write new strategies and incorporate new signals into algo container framework
- Develop new frameworks for customised algos (Scala/Java)
- Develop new research tooling for signal research, back testing, and continuous integration of new signals. (Python/KDB)
- Contribute to research by analysing execution data and suggesting areas for improvement of algo’s
- Contribute to research by engaging early with Quants in research process to help shape design of models
Skills & Qualifications
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- Excellent low-latency development skills in JVM based languages – Primarily Scala & Java used for strategy development
- Msc/MEng in relevant quantitative field. E.g. Maths, Comp Sci, Physics, Engineering preferred
- Proficiency in Python and KDB (Q) preferred for data analysis and research
- Experience working in a front-office environment engaging with Traders and other Quants/Quant Devs to drive business outcomes
- Experience in working with large datasets (e.g. trade, quote, post-trade execution data) to analyse performance of execution algorithms and make recommendations for strategy development & improvement
- Knowledge of global cash equities market microstructure is desirable
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.