Who we are looking for
This position will perform Equity Research analysis for a number of sectors in China (to be determined) primarily supporting SSGA's Fundamental Growth and Core Equity Emerging Market and China Funds, and other funds which may invest in China. The ideal candidate should have experience in analyzing China company and sector fundamentals, strong analytical and presentation skills, and financial modeling skills. It is mandatory that the candidate be bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Advisors, one of the biggest asset managers in the world, that provides services to the world's governments, institutions and financial advisors across the globe. With over four decades of experience and trillions of dollars in assets under management, we offer one of the broadest selections of services across asset classes, risk profiles, regions and styles. As pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest.
Join us if making your mark in the asset management industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As China Equity Research Analyst, you will
What we value
- The position will provide macro and industry insight, perform company specific analysis, and present actionable stock recommendations following the FGC research process
- Manage a live "best ideas/highest conviction names" paper portfolio that will factor into compensation. The paper research portfolio will also serve as a communication vehicle for ideas and trades to Portfolio Managers.
- Construct and maintain financial models and forecasts to support analysis and investment recommendations.
- Communicate and present your primary research on investment opportunities, ideas, and updates to portfolio managers.
- Develop and sustain frequent contact with management teams and industry sources utilizing company/industry publications, sell-side analysts, etc. to drive your insights, analysis and conclusions.
- Promote the FGC team capabilities and investment process to internal stakeholders through thought leadership pieces and internal investment outlook meetings.
- Participate in client/prospect/consultant reviews regarding your investment and research processes and performance.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese, with strong communications skills in both languages. Two years or more live/study experience in China, preferably Mainland, as well as two years or more study/work experience in an English speaking setting highly desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel regularly to and in Mainland China
- Financial statement analysis and accounting expertise, including financial modeling, income statement, balance sheet and cash flow analysis
- Experience using Bloomberg. Advanced Excel and modeling skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; results driven with ability to creatively problem solve
- Ability to effectively communicate strategic research to team members across all levels of the organization
- Team player who can work collaboratively with multi-cultural team members
- Demonstrated personal and professional integrity
About State Street What we do.
- Passion for investing in companies and markets
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an investment management organization with deep knowledge of China-based companies and industries.
- Advanced degree, preferably in business or STEM discipline
- CFA or CPA
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers