S&P Dow Jones Indices The Role:
Director, Index Investment Strategy
We are seeking applicants for the role of Director, Index Investment Strategy in the Sydney office of S&P Dow Jones Indices (S&P DJI). The Index Investment Strategy (IIS) team's mandate is to enhance the reputation, relationships, and revenues of S&P Dow Jones Indices through actionable insights. Candidates based in other Asia locations may be considered. Reporting to a Global Head based in London, you will have responsibility for the Asia Pacific region.
Your role is to improve understanding of the design, and mechanics and potential benefits of our indices across applications within investing, trading, and benchmarking. You will support a market-leading range of indices: including world-famous benchmarks like the S&P/ASX 200, the S&P 500® and the VIX®, as well as a truly global range covering all major asset classes and indicators, factors and sustainability indices, innovative new ranges and data sets with a rich and storied history. Responsibilities:
Activities and responsibilities span the development, delivery, and effective communication of actionable insights across a range of formats. You will work on a wide range of investment topics, calibrated for a wide range of sophistication levels, from the basic case for passive investing to the more cutting-edge applications of indices within a portfolio or product context.
- Use a scientific approach to analyze market, investment and index trends
- Take the lead on producing and delivering original research and commentary
- Represent your work and the firm with clients and in public forums
You will collaborate and partner effectively with S&P DJI colleagues across the Asia Pac region, as well as with the broader global IIS team to:
What We're Looking For:
- Identifying and executing on relevant topics
- Communicating your ideas simply and effectively across a range of channels
- Collaborating extensively with outward-facing S&P DJI teams
- Engaging with licensees such as index-linked product providers and exchanges, users of index-linked products, and third parties such as media, academia and regulators
S&P Global Grade
- Collaborative, creative, and curious approach
- Ability to conduct original research in relevant investment topics
- Excellence in written and oral communication, with experience in public speaking
- A postgraduate qualification and client or media-facing experience are a plus
- 6+ years of experience, with the majority in financial services
( relevant for internal applicants only ): 13 The Location:
Sydney, Singapore or Hong Kong About Company Statement: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Dow Jones Indices
provides iconic and innovative index solutions, bringing transparency to global capital markets.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RESECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
287220 Posted On:
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia