Job description Some careers grow faster than others
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Delivering high-quality research and analysis to investors around the world, the Global Research team covers economics, currencies, equities, fixed income and climate change to help our clients best navigate and make sense of turbulent global financial markets. Global Research offers fundamental, cross-asset, technical and quantitative analysis presented through multiple platforms and formats.
We are currently seeking a high calibre professional to join our team as an Economist
. Principal Responsibilities
- Write in-depth economics research reports on country topics or Pan-Asia research themes
- Formulate economics views on local and global topics, with a focus on data analytics
- Maintain and design macroeconomic forecasting models, and conduct quantitative analysis
- Present research and analysis to both internal and external stakeholders, as well as media
- Respond to data and analytical requests and collaborate with Global Research colleagues
- Help manage teamwork and coordinate large research projects, as well as client requests
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC. http://www.hsbc.com/careers
- A minimum 2 years of experience in a related public or private sector position
- Academic training in economics or related field at master’s level
- In-depth understanding of fundamental analysis in Asia Pacific countries
- Excellent presentational skills and English-writing skills
- Diligent, persistent, consistent, and professional; and highly collegial
- Strong quantitative skillsets, with advanced econometrics and statistics training, as wells data handling experience
- Knowledge of Asian language a plus
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited.